Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, if Gbamin turns out to be any good and we do sign Allan he may even struggle for his place in the team.

I could see that because if we play 442, I think away from home and against the big teams we may need to play 2 defensive minded players in the middle and allow our attacking threat to come from the wide areas and the 2 strikers, so we could play both Allan and Gbamin in the middle.

Probably better to get them in before the season starts - You know, pre-season training and all that

With the current midfield we might be in the bottom 3 in October
For sure 1 midfielder (allan is a must) and hopefully a right winger by the end of August. No so worried about the defence before the start of the season as long as Kenny is still at the club we should have enough in numbers.

Zat... clearly the club don't want to pay €30mil for him post-Covid, and especially don't want to end up in a bidding war were his price could go up even further. Hojbjerg didn't even want to come here.

We move on. We aren't the Arsenal's/City's/Utd's/Chelsea's of this world whom can convince most players out there to join the club. We clearly have to work a bit smarter and more long-term now, yet this seems utterly lost on some people.....

Surely part of 'transfer strategy' would be asking Hojbjergs agent if the boy wanted to come rather than acting as a stalking horse for spurs. Then getting mugged off in the press.

As for the rest of my views on current 'transfer strategy' im fine to wait and see what happens...

what a fine specimen this man is.

Welcome back dreamboat

View attachment 97715
Hopefully gets a worthy partner in the middle of the park. Not saying that he shouldn't need to improve on his own, but he needs a partner out there to allow him to bring his quality out more often.

Hope he sold.

we have signed Sebastian Kristensen, 17 year old Danish defender from Lyngby, he was on trial at the club towards the end of last season and must have inmpressed as he has now signed his first professional contract, welcome to Everton Seb!

He signed a year ago i think on schoolboy forms and was in u23s last year.

Any new signings are likely to happen late September / early October - the transfer market has barely started yet.

The Barcelona fire sale will kick things off.
By then you can be a good few points adrift from the top half of the table and potentially in a fight for relegation...because with no midfield players we are going to struggle bably as the last few games of this season had shown. We have to learn to plan better...and they had months to look at what was needed in the squad.

Teams who have added players since the season ended - Liverpool (1 player), City (2 players), Spurs (1 player), Southampton (2 players), Leeds (4 players). Chelsea had their two signed before the seasons end so doesn’t count

That was before branthwaite showed what he can do. We now know he's a reliable option. I wouldnt be surprised if we got a CB on loan this season so branthwaite's progress isn't blocked. We must spend our cash on CM end of

Branthwaite: Thats fine, more than happy for Bramthwaite to be one of two options at left sided centre back.

If Mina is injured then Keane starts. If that happens then the season is a write off no matter what midfielders you sign.

Teams who have added players since the season ended - Liverpool (1 player), City (2 players), Spurs (1 player), Southampton (2 players), Leeds (4 players). Chelsea had their two signed before the seasons end so doesn’t count

I mean, it does like, they'll still be in their squad for next season.

BBFDD02E-DD8C-42C8-BB53-511BB1721C0D.webp

Surely part of 'transfer strategy' would be asking Hojbjergs agent if the boy wanted to come rather than acting as a stalking horse for spurs. Then getting mugged off in the press.
I mean, you have zero.. and I mean absolutely ZERO idea if this actually happened or not Zat.

That's a big part of the problem around here these days - a number of posters, including you, seem to deal almost exclusively in conjecture and hearsay and present it as fact.

Don't do that. It doesn't help.

Branthwaite: Thats fine, more than happy for Bramthwaite to be one of two options at left sided centre back.

If Mina is injured then Keane starts. If that happens then the season is a write off no matter what midfielders you sign.

Hence the loan signing ;)

I mean you have zero.. and I mean absolutely ZERO idea if this actually happened or not Zat.

That's a big part of the problem around here these days - a number of posters, including you, seem to deal almost exclusively on conjecture and hearsay and present it as fact.

Don't do that. It doesn't help.

Its been widely reported (by every single media outlet covering the story) that we made a bid for Hojbjerg and he turned us down.

Love the head patting condescension btw.

There’s every chance that his agent will have told us that he is interested though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back