Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the feeling on King these days? Still sourced or pushed out the info line
Don’t know if he’s particularly sourced but it does seem like a reasonable shout. We’re looking for a RB and the talk is we’re open to selling JJK. Player was linked last season so presumably is on Brands list for the position.

I’ll give him Digne but Richarlison was all Silva.
convenient how the good signings are all the managers but the bad ones are Brands’.

Brands: “We (Brands and Silva) were both convinced about that player but we thought it would not be possible. I knew him before he went to Watford.”

When Brands was working for PSV Eindhoven, he once felt he was competing with rivals Ajax for Richarlison.

“I liked him at that moment already. Ajax went for (David) Neres at that time and I was happy they did that, rather than getting Richarlison.”

Is it realistic for this squad to compete next year?

Not sure myself, unless there are an awful lot of players leaving. We will be better, but not sure how much better.

The year before we were above Leicester. They arguably went backwards with their summer dealings, they sold their best defender/captain. I know they brought in perez, but he's useless, they only needed one player to totally transform them and that was tielemens. Shows how easily it can be done, but they have a proper goalscorer.

Ha, basically no footballer is gong to improve any more unless they're under 25. Our fans are getting way too hung up on ages. If he was good enough at 27, he'll be good enough for at least 4 years until he declines at least. Messi's not going to get better either, but his current stature would be good enough to elevate us a few levels.

I'm all for long term planning but you can't build the whole team looking 5 years in the future.
Ermm alright, I just meant he isn't that great now

What do people think about this?

- Clear out / closing down sales at Barcelona - anyone good we can get from there? I don't know if any of their midfielders are what we need. We might turn them into Schneiderlin.
- Batshuayi ? around £25m
- How has Janusaj been recently, anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back