Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands: “We (Brands and Silva) were both convinced about that player but we thought it would not be possible. I knew him before he went to Watford.”

When Brands was working for PSV Eindhoven, he once felt he was competing with rivals Ajax for Richarlison.

“I liked him at that moment already. Ajax went for (David) Neres at that time and I was happy they did that, rather than getting Richarlison.”
Not knocking Brands but there's more than a touch of the Mandy Rice-Davies about that isn't there? If a manager/DoF whatever says something in advance then it's good evidence, if they say something that makes them look an idiot it's good evidence, but if they say something after the event that paints them in a good light, I wouldn't be taking it as gospel.

Thought he played left?

Not that it matters, we love collecting left sided midfielders.

He's played right wing 57 times (13 goals 10 assist) in his career and left wing 112 times (25 goals 22 assists).

So he is predominantly a left winger throughout his career to be fair but the main difference is he left footed. Where all our left wingers are right footed, so I think he'd fit in really well as a RW in our team cutting in.

Arias and Allan would be great as a start, for me.

Two experienced players in their prime. In two real problem positions. Approved by Ancelotti. I'm absolutely happy to trust a combination of Ancelotti and Brands on those ones.

They're not youngsters, but we're really not short of young players and we really do need to improve immediately, not in 2/3 years' time.

Vertoghen?

He's a cb that sometimes played left back ( never right back )

Tripper played his most ever games in his final season, I think he just fell out and with pochettino.

Saying that I don't particularly rate trippier, however Coleman is absolutely garbage so we need a new rb.

Maybe Sanchez then I know it was a CB for sure. Had a WC hangover that season definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back