Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People moaning that we need to signs players, we seem to be moving on that front, then the same moan that a player is ‘getting on’.

We need new players who improve the squad for the here and now, once we have this, then we can invest in good young players.

Agreed. We need players are are ready to walk into the starting XI straight away and make an impact.

No idea where this impression comes from that 28 year old players are suddenly over the hill and a disaster waiting to happen. It should be their prime years and most players should be able to go well into their 30s in the modern game. It's not like the 1980s when they all smoked 40 a day and got bladdered every weekend.

As well, Carlo is 61. I'd imagine he only envisages himself being here for 3-4 years potentially so it's understandable he wants players who can contribute the maximum within that time frame. No point worrying about the 2028/29 campaign under new manager Leighton Baines is there.

Arias and Allan would be great as a start, for me.

Two experienced players in their prime. In two real problem positions. Approved by Ancelotti. I'm absolutely happy to trust a combination of Ancelotti and Brands on those ones.

They're not youngsters, but we're really not short of young players and we really do need to improve immediately, not in 2/3 years' time.
Spot on this post.
2 problem positions sorted with quality for not so ridiculous money.

Hope the right wing/forward is of the same calibre .

All the spurs fans seem to think he's heading there but who knows

Yeah but they think that because he's in London and betting odds from what I've seen but kenwright and Moshiri office's are in London too.

It's all just conjecture at the moment. Maybe his agent has got him over early so he can quarantine for 14 days while he offers him round clubs and the place he's put him up is in London?

I just think he'd be a good addition to the club and what we need on the right wing.

I don't care how old they are, or where they come from. As long as they make us competitive on the pitch that's all that matters.

Do well on the pitch..... Good players are easier to attract. We need a better blend in the squad than what we currently have.

I'll trust Carlo to get the balance and blend right if Brands gets the required players he needs over the line.

I don't care how old they are, or where they come from. As long as they make us competitive on the pitch that's all that matters.

Do well on the pitch..... Good players are easier to attract. We need a better blend in the squad than what we currently have.

I'll trust Carlo to get the balance and blend right if Brands gets the required players he needs over the line.
It's madness this age thing, every player is different, there is no singular rule of thumb that says a player hits the knackers yard at a certain age. It all depend how they have looked after themselves,how many injuries they've had, the amount of games they've played and at what level. The game has changed a lot with regard diet and fitness and players last longer as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back