Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge pity:

Hearts full back Aaron Hickey is closing in on a stunning move to Bayern Munich and a lucrative five-year contract, according to the Daily Record.

However, It will take a significant bid in excess of £1.5m with add ons to land the 18-year-old defender who is in the final year of his contract.

Other clubs remain interested in Hickey, including his former club Celtic, where he played during his youth career.

Been away for a week or 2 and paid literally no attention to football and transfers.

Looking today I'm seeing various things circulating around - Arias, Allan wanting us over Dortmund, buy to sell, limited funds, reducing wage bill, Gabriel going to Arsenal.

Are we just looking at the natural rubbish that gets spouted during every transfer window or is there any substance in any of the rumours of above? I'm feeling slightly pessimistic given it could be limited signings with only really Allan, the only potential signing that comes in and improves us significantly right off the bat.

Huge pity:

Hearts full back Aaron Hickey is closing in on a stunning move to Bayern Munich and a lucrative five-year contract, according to the Daily Record.

However, It will take a significant bid in excess of £1.5m with add ons to land the 18-year-old defender who is in the final year of his contract.

Other clubs remain interested in Hickey, including his former club Celtic, where he played during his youth career.

@davek

This the lad you were on about a while back?

Huge pity:

...meanwhile, Marcel Brands looks in the bins of 'top' Euro clubs to throw £30M bids at them for utter trash.

Tosun is on mega wages, he is on over a 100k a week. If by some miracle we can get rid of him Bolasie and Sigurdsson permanently this summer and get Sanford wages off the books on loan then we are in a much healthier position in terms of our wage outlay.

I don't believe Tosun is on over 100k a week.

I'd guess he's on around 60 - 80k.

It would be great if there was a verifiable source to prove either way. ?

Been away for a week or 2 and paid literally no attention to football and transfers.

Looking today I'm seeing various things circulating around - Arias, Allan wanting us over Dortmund, buy to sell, limited funds, reducing wage bill, Gabriel going to Arsenal.

Are we just looking at the natural rubbish that gets spouted during every transfer window or is there any substance in any of the rumours of above? I'm feeling slightly pessimistic given it could be limited signings with only really Allan, the only potential signing that comes in and improves us significantly right off the bat.
No real substance to anything, just rumours, good, bad and ugly.

I heard a few murmurs last summer originally we planned for not a great outlay in regards to fees and Moshiri decided late he would give Brands and Silva more money.

Wonder what the chances of that happening again?

I don't believe Tosun is on over 100k a week.

I'd guess he's on around 60 - 80k.

It would be great if there was a verifiable source to prove either way. ?

Not sure how accurate it is but doesn't seem to have everyone on it.

Not sure how accurate it is but doesn't seem to have everyone on it.

I think that's far more likely, and I did think I'd heard 60k mentioned previously. He came from the Turkish league and was being paid peanuts, he was desperate to sign for Everton. I don't think wages are the problem in the same way that they are for Sigurdsson, it's more the fact that he is a bit crap and not young that is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back