Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue with Arias's age, it's just about getting value I suppose. £8m for someone of his age and pedigree is a (theoretically) good deal. £18m isn't. I'm not one for getting obsessed over resale values etc but we can't really complain about the money we've wasted on players we can't move on one hand and say it's fine to bring in more of them on the other.

It's madness this age thing, every player is different, there is no singular rule of thumb that says a player hits the knackers yard at a certain age. It all depend how they have looked after themselves,how many injuries they've had, the amount of games they've played and at what level. The game has changed a lot with regard diet and fitness and players last longer as a result.

I'm all for buying up and coming talent but when you overload a side with youth, they lose their leadership and voice when things aren't going well.

We need a good balance of youth and experience. We need to get some chemistry and partnerships up and running. An Arteta/Cahill, a Baines/Pienaar, Stevens/Steven, Sharp/Gray and so on. We have nothing of note like this and it's the lack of chemistry that is most alarming. You want your right winger to say to your right back "don't worry if your not having the best of games, I'll cover you" or right back to winger "don't worry about defending today, I'll stay back and you just go and attack".

We haven't got any of that at all. DCL and Richarlison both looked dangerous in a 442.ut I wouldn't say there was a great "understanding" between them. Richarlison just works his socks off no matter who he's with or partnering.

Without these partnerships, there's no chemistry and there's no balance. You don't need world beaters either, you just need players where results matter to them. We've got far too many players on our books where the game just doesn't bother them win, lose or draw.

Three tiers of ages mate, Seamus 31, Arias 28, Jonjo 23.
If Kenny's not good enough to be first choice now he never will be though. He's not a little kid, he's 23, turning 24 during the season. He made his debut over 5 years ago and has played over 100 senior games now. I just don't see any benefit to having all three of those in the squad.

If Kenny's not good enough to be first choice now he never will be though. He's not a little kid, he's 23, turning 24 during the season. He made his debut over 5 years ago and has played over 100 senior games now. I just don't see any benefit to having all three of those in the squad.

Fair point mate, that said Antonee Robinson is the same age and nearly signed for Milan and likely back at a PL rival 12 months after we got rid of him, at the very least id be cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back