Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
people forget how good Stones was for us at times. He’s had a rocky period under Guardiola but at the top of his game he was a great centreback for us.
He was in his first season (maybe season and a half). Point is that he had shown himself to be a poor defender (though not footballer) ever since. That's five years or so of poor defensive performances to make that assessment.

Should avoid him like the plague imo.

Ramadan isn't an English word though (like drama) tbh, so this doesn't make sense.

This is a thread for transfers, regardless of the proximity of religious holidays.

Nothing will make sense to you that’s why becoming a keyboard warrior is the meaning of your life. Hypocrite.

Foot Long Hot Dog made the call (as a joke and I was not realised at the time). I did not bother to look up the word “Pope” mean. I am a foreigner and English ain’t my first language what do you expect?

orly what a loser you are, you have nothing to do in real life.

Mate just let it go, nobody cares.

By trying to explain yourself youre making it worse haha

people forget how good Stones was for us at times. He’s had a rocky period under Guardiola but at the top of his game he was a great centreback for us.
I do remember thinking that we had rinsed city when they bought him. I always had a nagging fear with him that he would do something stupid, like attempting a Cruyff turn in our penalty area when under pressure. He was good at times playing out, but never totally secure as a defender. That’s what i remember.

I do remember thinking that we had rinsed city when they bought him. I always had a nagging fear with him that he would do something stupid, like attempting a Cruyff turn in our penalty area when under pressure. He was good at times playing out, but never totally secure as a defender. That’s what i remember.

Talksport were saying how great it was City bought him he will be world class all that. He wasn’t as good as they thought he was. While he is an ok player he isn’t a strong leader and we need that in our team as we are lacking leaders

I don’t think Stones would be a bad option for us. Improves our back line in comparison to what we already have and it’s obvious Pep isn’t keen on him.

Who else would we go for? Certainly lack any competition in that position

I don’t think Stones would be a bad option for us. Improves our back line in comparison to what we already have and it’s obvious Pep isn’t keen on him.

Who else would we go for? Certainly lack any competition in that position

Mina / Holgate with Keane / Branthwaite as back ups is OK for me. Not spectacular but solid enough if Jarrad can build on his early promise

No, I have said this many times. I actually did not bother to look up the dictionary for the term at the time. English is my third language I am not a native speaker so what do you expect? To keep mentioning this day after day is boring because someone (the usual suspects, about two people in total) has nothing to do in his life. It’s like those weirdo who lives in the basement of his mum’s semi-detached house in his 40s, thinking he is winning a battle online by doing these keyboard warrior stuff.

Sorry lad I'm pretty sure you weren't saying it intentionally it just reads back really funny, apologies if it's something you get called up on loads.

Mina / Holgate with Keane / Branthwaite as back ups is OK for me. Not spectacular but solid enough if Jarrad can build on his early promise

Do you not think Stones gets in the starting 11 ahead of those other options?

56 conceded last season, hardly going to push up the league with that.

I just think Stones improves us. Suppose we will have to wait and see where he ends up

Do you not think Stones gets in the starting 11 ahead of those other options?

56 conceded last season, hardly going to push up the league with that.

I just think Stones improves us. Suppose we will have to wait and see where he ends up

I honestly dont mate no, I dont rate Stones at all any more.

Whenever he's played for city recently hes looked a complete liability.

When we had him previously we all said if he could cut the errors out he would develop into a top CB, I've seen no evidence that hes cut them out tho.

All have our opinions and I respect yours, but I totally disagree. Stones is a better footballer, but Keane is a much better defender. IMO.

You can't believe this?

Michael Keane is garbage, he is slow, he is weak, he can't tackle, he turns in slow motion and most of all he is an absolute fanny and scared of his own shadow.

Stones hasn't had the best of times at city but he is 10x the player Keane is. Stones had a very good world cup as well when he was played every game, you see it all the time when players get the big moves and are in and out the team so lose confidence, a fit and confident John stones is an asset to any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back