Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't believe this?

Michael Keane is garbage, he is slow, he is weak, he can't tackle, he turns in slow motion and most of all he is an absolute fanny and scared of his own shadow.

Stones hasn't had the best of times at city but he is 10x the player Keane is. Stones had a very good world cup as well when he was played every game, you see it all the time when players get the big moves and are in and out the team so lose confidence, a fit and confident John stones is an asset to any team.

Did you watch us after the re-start mate?

Keane was one of our best players (albeit it was a low bar).

He has massive flaws to his game, but if you play him in a deep defense he wins every header, and his pace doesnt get exposed.

Stones on the ball was a real talent, but I dont think he was any less of a fanny than Keane is tbh. He's not exactly a tough tackling CB is he?

I honestly dont mate no, I dont rate Stones at all any more.

Whenever he's played for city recently hes looked a complete liability.

When we had him previously we all said if he could cut the errors out he would develop into a top CB, I've seen no evidence that hes cut them out tho.

Hope we don’t sign a player twice it doesn’t work in most occasions.

He has massive flaws to his game, but if you play him in a deep defense he wins every header, and his pace doesnt get exposed.

Stones on the ball was a real talent, but I dont think he was any less of a fanny than Keane is tbh. He's not exactly a tough tackling CB is he?

Ye I did watch us and we were terrible, literally terrible in every game except the sheff United game. Just not having because he sat in his box and won a few headers he's decent again, when Carlo has a team of players available to him j suspect he won't just sit back and when that happens Keane will revert back to the utter carthorse that he is.

I'm not even saying we should sign stones either, but if rather have stones than Keane any day of the week.

And the opposition can run at our cm, as literally our players available last season in the central area had no aggression and can’t tackle. Having legs in cm can make him a better defender too as he won’t be expose to pace.

He was alright for the most part, other than when he stepped out and got rinsed a few times, but for some reason everyone talks as though he was putting in Jaap Stam performances.

Ye I did watch us and we were terrible, literally terrible in every game except the sheff United game. Just not having because he sat in his box and won a few headers he's decent again, when Carlo has a team of players available to him j suspect he won't just sit back and when that happens Keane will revert back to the utter carthorse that he is.

I'm not even saying we should sign stones either, but if rather have stones than Keane any day of the week.

Thats fair enough mate, but thats just your opinion. I don't think the previous poster saying 'Stones is a better footballer but Keane is a better defender' was too outrageous tbh.

I'm not Keane's biggest fan but I dont think Stones defensively is any better, he's not got massive strength, not great in the air, and gives the ball away in ridiculous areas far too often.

When you factor in what it would cost us in fee / wages to bring him back, its a massive swerve from me

Florenzi looks like he might be the first?

Alessandro Florenzi is closing in on a move to Premier League side Everton.

Alessandro Austini of Il Tempo has reported that the Italian, who recently returned from his loan spell at Valencia, could depart in the coming days for Merseyside to join Carlo Ancelotti’s side.

Before finalising the deal for Florenzi, though, Everton will first look to offload 23 year-old right back Jonjoe Kenny.

The feeling among the parties is that the deal will close for a figure between €10-12 million plus bonuses. The transfer would also allow the Giallorossi to get rid of Florenzi’s enormous €6 million (gross) in annual wages from their books.

The former Crotone-man has already spoken to his former teammate Lucas Digne, who also plays for the Toffees.

Alessandro Florenzi is closing in on a move to Premier League side Everton.

Alessandro Austini of Il Tempo has reported that the Italian, who recently returned from his loan spell at Valencia, could depart in the coming days for Merseyside to join Carlo Ancelotti’s side.

Before finalising the deal for Florenzi, though, Everton will first look to offload 23 year-old right back Jonjoe Kenny.

The feeling among the parties is that the deal will close for a figure between €10-12 million plus bonuses. The transfer would also allow the Giallorossi to get rid of Florenzi’s enormous €6 million (gross) in annual wages from their books.

The former Crotone-man has already spoken to his former teammate Lucas Digne, who also plays for the Toffees.
Would absolutely take him too, was a top rb not so long ago, not sure how he fares now but he’s got to be better than sidibe.

Thats fair enough mate, but thats just your opinion. I don't think the previous poster saying 'Stones is a better footballer but Keane is a better defender' was too outrageous tbh.

I'm not Keane's biggest fan but I dont think Stones defensively is any better, he's not got massive strength, not great in the air, and gives the ball away in ridiculous areas far too often.

When you factor in what it would cost us in fee / wages to bring him back, its a massive swerve from me

It's so easy to say that though init " he's good on the ball but can't defend" I actually think stones is a good defender, but he does do some bizarre things when he doesn't need too... Which I even think stuff like that would be encouraged by pep ( all the tippy tappy stuff in his box )

Never happen anywya like because as you say the fee and wages will be massive.

Think I dislike Keane tbh, big horrible worm.

He was alright for the most part, other than when he stepped out and got rinsed a few times, but for some reason everyone talks as though he was putting in Jaap Stam performances.

Yeah he wasn't that good I agree.

But he performed a lot better than he did pre-lockdown. And for me he showed he was good enough for a place as a squad player to play in the games when we need a deep defensive line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back