Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Stones was behind a 19-year-old looking to leave City for CL game against Lyon.
He has a weak mentality and has not improved defensively an area Ancelotti would prioritise over Pep

But we should sign him because "he is better than what we got". What a crap mentality

If we had a good defence ie. one without Keane etc I'd have no problem goin to the etihad or Anfield with a high defence

I think we would get slaughtered mate.

Anyway Carlo seems to like a deep defensive line so you might have to get used to seeing it a few more times

This is my prediction for next season and I genuinely believe it will happen. Everton struggle bottom half for the half of the season. Ancelotti sacked in December. Everton appoint Ferguson on temp basis. Then narrowly avoid relegation. This will likely get negative responses but i believe the scenario is likely.

We should have got Moyes back when we could. West ham will be much more likely to have a successful season next year than us based on that hes there. I just don't see a fairytale ending to this Ancelotti saga I'm afraid

This is the transfer thread mate, think you're looking for the Positivity ahead of 2020/21 thread.

This is my prediction for next season and I genuinely believe it will happen. Everton struggle bottom half for the half of the season. Ancelotti sacked in December. Everton appoint Ferguson on temp basis. Then narrowly avoid relegation. This will likely get negative responses but i believe the scenario is likely.

We should have got Moyes back when we could. West ham will be much more likely to have a successful season next year than us based on that hes there. I just don't see a fairytale ending to this Ancelotti saga I'm afraid

Good luck at West ham ;)

John Stones was behind a 19-year-old looking to leave City for CL game against Lyon.
He has a weak mentality and has not improved defensively an area Ancelotti would prioritise over Pep

But we should sign him because "he is better than what we got". What a crap mentality
He's a lot better than what we got

bookmarking this

Do you not think Holgate / Mina is a decent enough starting partnership tho with Keane / Branthwaite as backups?
It depends what we mean by decent I suppose. I'm not a big fan of Mina personally, I think he's alright but no more than that. I think he has a tendency to be a bit rash, lacks a bit of pace, and I don't think he's the best at bringing the ball out. He's decent though, he's not someone I think we need to be getting rid of. Keane again can do a job, in the right circumstances. Branthwaite's a tough one. I thought he looked really good for an 18 year old rookie. That's very different to being able to be a fully functioning member of the squad playing in big important games. Truth be told he was responsible for us conceding a couple of goals in the few games he played, that's fine in end of season dead rubbers in front of no fans when you've been chucked in at the deep end, it's not so fine if you do it in the derby or a big cup game when you're in the squad on merit. I'm not saying he's not ready to step up and play a part, but I think a lot of people have been very hasty in deciding that he is.

I've seen some blatant wumming on here before but never this obvious

It depends what we mean by decent I suppose. I'm not a big fan of Mina personally, I think he's alright but no more than that. I think he has a tendency to be a bit rash, lacks a bit of pace, and I don't think he's the best at bringing the ball out. He's decent though, he's not someone I think we need to be getting rid of. Keane again can do a job, in the right circumstances. Branthwaite's a tough one. I thought he looked really good for an 18 year old rookie. That's very different to being able to be a fully functioning member of the squad playing in big important games. Truth be told he was responsible for us conceding a couple of goals in the few games he played, that's fine in end of season dead rubbers in front of no fans when you've been chucked in at the deep end, it's not so fine if you do it in the derby or a big cup game when you're in the squad on merit. I'm not saying he's not ready to step up and play a part, but I think a lot of people have been very hasty in deciding that he is.

Yeah I agree on Branthwaite. Said that at the time people seemed to be getting a bit carried away after 2 good performances or whatever it was. I was arguing then that we should be sending him out on loan next season for the extra game time. But that would mean we have to bring in a 4th CB. So I'm still a bit undecided on it tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back