Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so easy to say that though init " he's good on the ball but can't defend" I actually think stones is a good defender, but he does do some bizarre things when he doesn't need too... Which I even think stuff like that would be encouraged by pep ( all the tippy tappy stuff in his box )

Never happen anywya like because as you say the fee and wages will be massive.

Think I dislike Keane tbh, big horrible worm.
True that. I always thought Stones was generally a pretty good defender, he just had a habit of making poor decisions. I think if he'd stayed and played under Koeman or gone to Chelsea when Mourinho wanted him he'd have developed a lot more than playing under Martinez and Guardiola. It's been rewritten now though as if he was a complete liability who was just comfortable on the ball and nothing else.

It's so easy to say that though init " he's good on the ball but can't defend" I actually think stones is a good defender, but he does do some bizarre things when he doesn't need too... Which I even think stuff like that would be encouraged by pep ( all the tippy tappy stuff in his box )

Never happen anywya like because as you say the fee and wages will be massive.

Think I dislike Keane tbh, big horrible worm.

Yeah I actually rate Stones tackling ability, and his recovery was pretty decent getting the big long legs down to sweep the ball away after a player went past him.

What I dont think hes ever going to improve tho is his physicality. He gets bullied every time he plays against the likes of Deeney.

Keane as flawed as he is he wont get bullied for strength or in the air, its when he gets the whippets buzzing around his feet that he looks completely lost

Don't get the Stones shouts. Can't even get in a City side which aren't the best at the back. He can pass a ball and is comfortable on it but he is so poor defensively.

Yeah I actually rate Stones tackling ability, and his recovery was pretty decent getting the big long legs down to sweep the ball away after a player went past him.

What I dont think hes ever going to improve tho is his physicality. He gets bullied every time he plays against the likes of Deeney.

Keane as flawed as he is he wont get bullied for strength or in the air, its when he gets the whippets buzzing around his feet that he looks completely lost
I think Keane gets bullied all the time. He's good at nodding long balls away etc, but when a striker properly gives him a physical going over he goes to pieces.

Did you watch us after the re-start mate?

Keane was one of our best players (albeit it was a low bar).

He has massive flaws to his game, but if you play him in a deep defense he wins every header, and his pace doesnt get exposed.

Stones on the ball was a real talent, but I dont think he was any less of a fanny than Keane is tbh. He's not exactly a tough tackling CB is he?

Play with a deep defence to suit an average player and the rest of your team suffers. No decent team plays with a deep defence

Play with a deep defence to suit an average player and the rest of your team suffers. No decent team plays with a deep defence

Horses for courses mate.

You wouldn't want us going to Anfield or the Etihad with our defence on the half way line would you?

In games when we are expected to be the team on the attack, then i agree with you, we should never play deep in those games

Don't get the Stones shouts. Can't even get in a City side which aren't the best at the back. He can pass a ball and is comfortable on it but he is so poor defensively.

City have just bought Ake to be backup, while we haggle over few million over our first choice Cb. They’re in a different league finance wise, and ambition wise . I like Stones I’d have him back over Zouma.

I think Keane gets bullied all the time. He's good at nodding long balls away etc, but when a striker properly gives him a physical going over he goes to pieces.

Meh, possibly, but he's more physical than Stones IMO.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm not even Keane's biggest fan.

I just said I would rather stick with him as our back up CB this season instead of signing Stones.

Think people are interpreting this as me advocating for Keane to be our first choice CB which isn't what I'm saying

City have just bought Ake to be backup, while we haggle over few million over our first choice Cb. They’re in a different league finance wise, and ambition wise . I like Stones I’d have him back over Zouma.
My point is that Stones can't even get in a poor City defence so why should he be good enough for us. They would still want good money with him being English. Surely better out there. Just don't rate him.

There was an interesting debate here on GOT recently about the role of LFC's transfer policy in getting to the top
and how selling Suarez among others turned out well. LFC trusted Klopp to buy well and he did building
up the team's strength in all positions.

If EFC can get a shed-load of money from Barca that will help with FPP and will allow the manager to plan.

Getting to the top will take time and lots of money especially as the club does not have a bunch of exciting
youngsters ready to step up. If Koeman pays over the odds for a player the smart move might be to take that money. .

Didn't they blow the Suarez money on Balotelli and Ricky Lambert? They had a lot of years getting it wrong before they eventually got it right.

This is my prediction for next season and I genuinely believe it will happen. Everton struggle bottom half for the half of the season. Ancelotti sacked in December. Everton appoint Ferguson on temp basis. Then narrowly avoid relegation. This will likely get negative responses but i believe the scenario is likely.

We should have got Moyes back when we could. West ham will be much more likely to have a successful season next year than us based on that hes there. I just don't see a fairytale ending to this Ancelotti saga I'm afraid

Horses for courses mate.

You wouldn't want us going to Anfield or the Etihad with our defence on the half way line would you?

In games when we are expected to be the team on the attack, then i agree with you, we should never play deep in those games

If we had a good defence ie. one without Keane etc I'd have no problem goin to the etihad or Anfield with a high defence

Meh, possibly, but he's more physical than Stones IMO.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm not even Keane's biggest fan.

I just said I would rather stick with him as our back up CB this season instead of signing Stones.

Think people are interpreting this as me advocating for Keane to be our first choice CB which isn't what I'm saying
No not at all mate, I agree he's better than Stones in the air. I was just commenting on the individual post because I think his lack of physicality is a massive issue for Keane. He's a big lad but he's not your old fashioned die for the cause type centre half, he doesn't seem to relish a battle. Allied to the fact that he doesn't like facing small nimble forwards either, it makes him a very limited player who severely limits our options in my opinion. In answer to your other post, there's no issue with going to better teams and defending high up the pitch, in many ways it's preferable. We just can't do it because we have players like Keane. I've said before, I think people will get a nasty shock if they think our current centre half options will be great once there's a better midfield in front of them. Gana was like a tackling machine and they looked awful behind him, I'm not sure what some people think has changed.

This is my prediction for next season and I genuinely believe it will happen. Everton struggle bottom half for the half of the season. Ancelotti sacked in December. Everton appoint Ferguson on temp basis. Then narrowly avoid relegation. This will likely get negative responses but i believe the scenario is likely.

We should have got Moyes back when we could. West ham will be much more likely to have a successful season next year than us based on that hes there. I just don't see a fairytale ending to this Ancelotti saga I'm afraid
Post of the month this one.

No not at all mate, I agree he's better than Stones in the air. I was just commenting on the individual post because I think his lack of physicality is a massive issue for Keane. He's a big lad but he's not your old fashioned die for the cause type centre half, he doesn't seem to relish a battle. Allied to the fact that he doesn't like facing small nimble forwards either, it makes him a very limited player who severely limits our options in my opinion. In answer to your other post, there's no issue with going to better teams and defending high up the pitch, in many ways it's preferable. We just can't do it because we have players like Keane. I've said before, I think people will get a nasty shock if they think our current centre half options will be great once there's a better midfield in front of them. Gana was like a tackling machine and they looked awful behind him, I'm not sure what some people think has changed.

Do you not think Holgate / Mina is a decent enough starting partnership tho with Keane / Branthwaite as backups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back