Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the skanky tabloids are saying that Carlo is fed up with the lack of backing he is getting in the transfer market and he could be heading for an early exit . Logically it sounds feasible as he does like to build his own team but it is in the Star so...
I imagine most managers are fed up & frustrated during transfer window. Swop his name / club for anyone else. I’d be astonished if he thought it would be any different.

Did today's game change any minds for a complete overhaul in midfield and Pickford only allowing three. If we continue with the above its going to be squeaky bum time each match this year.

Just pay the price Everton.

View attachment 98251

2014–15Premier League138121115−24711

2019–20Premier League138131015−124912

536m to go from 11th to 12th.

My Club.
We have chopped and changed managers and philosophies and gone backwards now it's time to build it's going to take two or three seasons if we are honest. We should at the very least be in the argument over top ten/ Europa places but we have alot of rebuilding to do. Next summer will be huge with the players out of contract and likely big sales.

I'm not entirely sure Trump can do any deal. Mexico says hi.
Just sorted Israel and the Arabs out though.
I am off thread so apologies Mods.
If you think that mate , you need to do more than give your head a wobble.

Since Danny only posted this today...the last warning for y’all and everyone else.

Read this.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/all-read-important-its-that-time-of-year.110878/

Getting slightly alarming now.

Want to know how late unfit signings turn out when they're forced to play without a preseason to bed in?? See Gbamin...

In most years yes, this year though? Napoli only finished their season 2 weeks ago so Allen should be reasonably fresh, the Premier League only finished a month ago so maybe a bit issue with Doucoure, Roma (Florenzi) played their last game on the 6th and Atletico (Arias) only last played 9 days ago

We have chopped and changed managers and philosophies and gone backwards now it's time to build it's going to take two or three seasons if we are honest. We should at the very least be in the argument over top ten/ Europa places but we have alot of rebuilding to do. Next summer will be huge with the players out of contract and likely big sales.
That's my biggest "wait, what's the plan here" from this club. We went from Martinez who wanted a technically good player with ways to break down a team and tiki-taka to Koeman and his "pace power and directness". The two really aren't even close to each other. Then we went to Silva and his a.....actually I have no idea what Silva was trying for. Now we have Carlo and another way of playing.

Just really don't get the idea of a long-term "vision".

It's easy to panic after a game like today and just say pay the price, just get someone in, etc. I didn't watch the game as I was busy, but the same way I wouldn't be thinking everything was fine and we were sorted if we'd won, this result changes nothing. We already know what we need to add. The management know this as well.

It's not inconceivable that certain individuals in the team could offer more with other players around them. But to expect the same group to miraculously just be more effective 3 weeks later is literally the definition of insanity.

I looked at the starting 11 today, even before a ball was kicked, it had the air of something else.

Bate.

Regardless of your opinions on their individual pros and cons, a midfield 2 of Sigurdsson and Davies won't work. We knew this.

Iwobi offers nothing at RW. We knew this.

The idea that Kenny would somehow improve Iwobi, when Sidibe and Coleman couldn't is a fetch. We knew this.

As exciting as Gordon is, putting him in a midfield with those 3 is going to do him no favours at all. We knew this.

If you have Jordan Pickford in goal and plan on allowing 4 shots on target in the 1st 10 minutes, there's a good possibility you are going to concede 3 or 4 goals. We knew this.

And last but by no means least, when you look around the team for a leader, and the captain is Gylfi the ghost, you know you have a problem. We most definitely knew this.

Strangely, I did find some encouragement in that we actually managed to level things up, that we didn't crumble as we have been known to in past.

Call me easily pleased.

But despite all of this, I don't think it's time to panic. Yet.

Yes, it highlights that without reinforcements, we are vulnerable. But 2 or 3 quality additions will make a hell of a difference. And if you start panicking now and overpay for players, or lose patience and move on to lesser targets, you are back to square 1. I have faith they are working on it and trying to make the right moves for us. The Ancelotti BS is sensationalist Garbage. They just know how easily we react, and know exactly what to say to trigger our fanbase.

But back to my point. Bate. That lineup today, to me, seemed like a test. The last chance for some of these fringe players to show that they can be part of what's coming. Most of them failed miserably. And it's a shame. Put it this way, if you had told me beforehand that the 1 who seemed to want it most was Gylfi Sigurdsson, I'd have laughed in your face.

I honestly believe that far from this being proof that Ancelotti is angry and on the verge of quitting, this was his way of saying "Go on boys, prove me wrong".

I am confident we will line up very differently come the start of the season.

Call me an optimist (as well as easily pleased).

Uncle Uzzie & the carpetbagger need to start sharing some of those billions they made in the pandemic we were promised would be forthcoming by the GOT ITK clique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back