Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said just opinions are we looking through blue tinted glasses?, I presume most teams supporters from outside the top 6 Wolves,Leicester etc would probably say there benches were better than that list a lot of your reply contains “ifs “ but as I said not a lot of pressure on the first 11.

It is what it is. Yes we'd like better but it isn't happening, and if we don't bring in the 4 players stated into the starting XI the bench won't even be as good as the one you're slating.

But I asked you to name a better bench, either in Everton's recent history or outside the premier top 6, and you haven't.

Unless we can afford a top striker at £30 million + then someone like King whos better than all of our forwards bar Richarlison for under £20 million is decent business.

Say Richarlison does his ACL and is out for 6 months - you really confident Kean & DCL could step up and what evidence is there that either could do that other than a 3 month patch under 2 new managers in Bambi's case?

We are playing Russian Roulette not investing in another CF this window and banking on Richy staying fit all season.

I don’t see Josh King as any sort of upgrade on DCL tbh. For 20 mill I’d be expecting either an alternative option upfront that we don’t have, or something better. Buying a striker who is very similar to DCL just seems a waste of money.

We worry about injuries because we’ve got such a bad record but ultimately if Spurs lose Kane they’re not the same, PSG can’t replace Mbappe, Liverpool would be no where without Salah. We can’t just play the game of ‘what would Everton be like without their best player’. There’s barely a side in the world that isn’t impacted by taking their best player out for the whole season.

It is what it is. Yes we'd like better but it isn't happening, and if we don't bring in the 4 players stated into the starting XI the bench won't even be as good as the one you're slating.

But I asked you to name a better bench, either in Everton's recent history or outside the premier top 6, and you haven't.
Apologies but I really don’t look at other teams benches, I can only comment on what bench you left us with, you think quality I don’t see game changing players to all on, may be Gomes pushing the mid field and I have already said it’s a toss up between Keane and Mina for me But to push the top 6 next season that bench isn’t going to do it for me.

Popped over to the Everton Womens page on evertonfc.com to see how many players they signed. Just to verify that EFC can complete deals.

Not a single picture on the squad page. Travesty. Come on Bainsey, get that new Pentax working for the club already.

The ins seem to be getting lined up with all the James, Allan, Dacoure talk, but cant help think there must be a rather big out lined up too? Not sure who but think an unexpected sale is on the way?

The ins seem to be getting lined up with all the James, Allan, Dacoure talk, but cant help think there must be a rather big out lined up too? Not sure who but think an unexpected sale is on the way?
If there is there is, it happens, hopefully we replace with equal or better quality, a thing we have failed to do recently but not much we can do really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back