Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be Everton for us to sign a boss new midfield and then start the season with siggurdson and Davies because they were all having to isolate before being allowed to train?
That is happening, absolutely nailed on. We've essentially forfeited the opening month of the season as it is due to our incompetence, so now any signings we do make will be under undue pressure to hit the ground running and move us up the table.

Unless we can afford a top striker at £30 million + then someone like King whos better than all of our forwards bar Richarlison for under £20 million is decent business.

Say Richarlison does his ACL and is out for 6 months - you really confident Kean & DCL could step up and what evidence is there that either could do that other than a 3 month patch under 2 new managers in Bambi's case?

We are playing Russian Roulette not investing in another CF this window and banking on Richy staying fit all season.
Yes.

They aren't going to turn into 20 goals a season each but you forget we have currently zero creativity in the team. So by adding creativity for the strikers they would , in theory score more goals.

If we add in a midfield who can actually win the ball and play it forward , either out wide or to the forwards and move the ball quickly then we will be in more threatening positions.

You saw since the restart what having none of this does to the team. So by signing both , we should suddenly stop struggling against crapper teams than us and perhaps even give the team's directly above us a game at least.

That is happening, absolutely nailed on. We've essentially forfeited the opening month of the season as it is due to our incompetence, so now any signings we do make will be under undue pressure to hit the ground running and move us up the table.
It's like the Martinez season when we signed the likes of Lukaku etc and the. We had to wait to see them because of how late we signed them.

Wouldnt put it past us to sign Messi , have him isolate for 2 weeks , then take 4 weeks to get match fit again and then he got injured.

He definitely has that potential! Make him the main man. His finishing this last season was far higher than he showed before... I always have this thought he should revert to the wing but if we deliver real talent around the CF then he can take that mantle..
He’s shown mad range with his finishing too. That one against Wolves at home where he bounced off the floor, world class

Unless we can afford a top striker at £30 million + then someone like King whos better than all of our forwards bar Richarlison for under £20 million is decent business.

Say Richarlison does his ACL and is out for 6 months - you really confident Kean & DCL could step up and what evidence is there that either could do that other than a 3 month patch under 2 new managers in Bambi's case?

We are playing Russian Roulette not investing in another CF this window and banking on Richy staying fit all season.

If Kean had a run of games id be pretty confident he'd deliver. Going to be top quality.

He definitely has that potential! Make him the main man. His finishing this last season was far higher than he showed before... I always have this thought he should revert to the wing but if we deliver real talent around the CF then he can take that mantle..

Definitely best in the centre i think. Imagine if we have James hitting all set pieces, there should be some goals there for Richarlison.

Also with Allan and Doucoure the ball will finally be brought forward centrally so again another opportunity for goals.

Arias on the right + Digne left can assist as well + Gordon developing.

I think Richarlison if fit all season hits 20. Maybe even 25.

For me Arias, Allan, Donkeree and Hamez improve us massively.

Now im not an expert on any of them, but all have their plus points.

If we can get those 4 in and maybe another little cheeky signing somewhere and get rid of some utter garbo this will be a decent window for me.

The proof will be in the pudding of course, but again I suspect we will be working right the way through till October 5th sadly.

Napoli started at 35m for Allan, Watford the same with Donkeree, if we can get both for 25m each, theres the money saved to buy Arias.

Thats the benefit of not "Just pay the money".
A keeper would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back