Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never felt Italian teams set up to play with lots of power and pace. Even some of the great Ancelotti teams, I never really thought pace was particularly central. I mean I'm not saying it's right, but I just don't foresee him wanting to play with lots of pace.

In answer to your question, we would sit deep, stay in games, make ourselves compact and hard to beat and try to maximise situations like set pieces and mistakes of opponents to win. Lots of teams do it. Crystal Palace do it very well.
I agree with everyrhing you are saying.

However the word can't is perhaps better replaced with shouldn't. We should not be in the position where our midfield options are Davies, Gomes, Delph & Sigurdsson, and on the flanks Bernard, Walcott & Iwobi. Thats the concrete position we find ourselves in.

I think Ancelotti is a pragmatic and streetwise manager. I also think in honesty, he will not be jettisoning his reputation on a style of play that most of our players aren't capable of to placate fans.

Lets see who we get in. However I strongly suspect we will be organised, hard to beat and play on the margins next season.

It is worth underlining here, I'm not making a moral judgement of this, or saying it's the right way to go, or that we ought to be in this position. It's just a comment for where I believe Ancelotti views us as being at, and what he will do to remedy it. I agree there will be a lot of frustration amongst supporters.

Looks like that to me. Deep defence / workmanlike solid centre midfield / balanced width.

Much more 'tactical' and 'organised' with the team gradually evolving and improving over the season and coming years.

can forget CL without a world class striker... for all the best intentions we need a 20+ striker to think of CL...

Richarlison 20 next season i think...

Palace have spent some of the Zaha money on the lad from QPR but I would not be at all surprised if they had an interest in somebody like Tosun or Iwobi plus cash with Zaha going the other way. They would get two players for no money.

I have no idea if we have the slightest interest in Zaha however.
So who are the players that are like Tosun and Iwobi, that Palace might be interested in swapping in exchange for cash and Zaha?

Why do some fans on here struggle to move away from massively bigging up bang average Bournemouth managers and players. I don’t want Eddie Howe, Josh King, Callum Wilson anywhere near the club.

Unless we can afford a top striker at £30 million + then someone like King whos better than all of our forwards bar Richarlison for under £20 million is decent business.

Say Richarlison does his ACL and is out for 6 months - you really confident Kean & DCL could step up and what evidence is there that either could do that other than a 3 month patch under 2 new managers in Bambi's case?

We are playing Russian Roulette not investing in another CF this window and banking on Richy staying fit all season.

Meanwhile at the Everton camp

InconsequentialPerfumedGadwall-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back