Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm honest, I'm not fully versed on the rules; from what I do know/have read, from a potential squad of twenty-five* you need eight home-grown players.

Home-grown is a player who has trained in England for three years from 17-21, and I think four of those have to be at the club too.

Apart from that, I don't think there's a set limit from any country or region. However, there'll be others who know much more than myself.

*U21 don't need registering but they can be to help meet the quota of home-grown etc.

Your almost right. The 4 club trained player only applies to European competition. Also its not you have to have 8 home grown players the rule is you can only have 17 non home grown so you don't actually need the 8 home grown but that is the only way you can name a full 25 man squad.

I'd be very much in favour of Romero coming in. Ideally it would be enough to shift Pickford out, but that would be more problematic. Pickford on the bench is still an acceptable option.

I would imagine we are in a situation whereby if a serious offer came in for Pickford (or indeed any offer) we would entertain it. At present that hasn't occured, but you don't know what the future holds. Either way we have a capable deputy if we have to sell if Romero comes in.

I also think it could end up a bit like the NIgel Martyn situation- who initially was brought in to provide cover and pressure for Wright, but very quickly established himself as number 1. I think Pickford is drinking at the last chance saloon really and really needs to knuckle down over the summer

If we get James Rodriguez and Allan I would like to see us go 3-4-3 as it would mean we only need 2 more players for first team. A right wing back and a left centre back.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Xxxxxx
Xxxxxx Allan Gomes Digne
Rodriguez Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

We would also need another left back and anither centre midfielder as cover but it would certainly reduce what I originally thought. I would sell 2 out of Walcott/Iwobi/Bernard and Sigurdsson if possible. I would keep Delph until Gbamin is up and running. Davies needs games so would loan him out and see what he can do. Coleman would be my back up right wing back. Kenny, Keane and Gibson would be cover at centre back. Kean, Gordon and the winger we keep from above would cover the front 3. Basic, Bolasie and Sandro will hopefully find new homes.

Hmm, to me, think we need more new signings playing 3-4-3 than playing 4-3-1-2.

4-3-1-2

Pickford (Lossl)

New (Coleman/Kenny)
Holgate (Keane)
Mina (Branthwaite/New)
Digne (Nkounkou)

Allan (JPG)
Gomes (Davies)
Doucoure (Delph)

Rodriguez (Iwobi/Bernard)

DCL (Kean)
Richy (New/Gordon)

3-4-3

Pickford (Lossl)

Holgate (New)
Keane (New)
Mina (Branthwaite/New)

New (Kenny)
Allan (JPG)
Gomes (Doucoure)
Digne (Nkounkou)

Rodriguez (New)
DCL (Kean)
Richarlison (Bernard/Gordon/New)

I don't get the line about buying Romero to put pressure on Pickford.

Second choice goalies can go years without a game. I would think that if Romero comes then Pickford
has to be flogged sharpish..
We are going to sign a Utd reserve,make him first choice (even though he couldn't get a game with De Gea making howlers every week )and we then sell our first choice keeper. That makes no sense.

We need a keeper to provide genuine competition for Pickford and if he earns it he can replace him.

We are going to sign a Utd reserve,make him first choice (even though he couldn't get a game with De Gea making howlers every week )and we then sell our first choice keeper. That makes no sense.

We need a keeper to provide genuine competition for Pickford and if he earns it he can replace him.

:D

Your almost right. The 4 club trained player only applies to European competition. Also its not you have to have 8 home grown players the rule is you can only have 17 non home grown so you don't actually need the 8 home grown but that is the only way you can name a full 25 man squad.
Thank you. I get it now: the eight would be if you had a full quota, but it would scale down with a smaller squad etc.

Thank you. I get it now: the eight would be if you had a full quota, but it would scale down with a smaller squad etc.

The 4 club trained is why I'm hoping Davies and Kenny come good as if we qualify for Europe next year only 21 players in the 25 can be bought in plus the players in the b list (under 21) need to have been at the club 24 months.

Hmm, to me, think we need more new signings playing 3-4-3 than playing 4-3-1-2.

4-3-1-2

Pickford (Lossl)

New (Coleman/Kenny)
Holgate (Keane)
Mina (Branthwaite/New)
Digne (Nkounkou)

Allan (JPG)
Gomes (Davies)
Doucoure (Delph)

Rodriguez (Iwobi/Bernard)

DCL (Kean)
Richy (New/Gordon)

3-4-3

Pickford (Lossl)

Holgate (New)
Keane (New)
Mina (Branthwaite/New)

New (Kenny)
Allan (JPG)
Gomes (Doucoure)
Digne (Nkounkou)

Rodriguez (New)
DCL (Kean)
Richarlison (Bernard/Gordon/New)

Sunday list :rant: :rant:

According to the guy who said Rodriguez was done last week we have asked about another Real Madrid player too, but he hasn’t named him.

1598777065729.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back