Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats so football manager about a player + swap deal?

Its a crafty way to avoid paying more out on a sell on fee and always has been.

You seem to think we can just give other teams players without them having any say in the matter. They also have to be able to afford the player.
Tosun wont be here come October 6th vault me on that

Let's see. For me it depends on whether a PL team want him, and how his injury improves.

We are going to sign a Utd reserve,make him first choice (even though he couldn't get a game with De Gea making howlers every week )and we then sell our first choice keeper. That makes no sense.

We need a keeper to provide genuine competition for Pickford and if he earns it he can replace him.
Thats how terrible Pickford is. Im against signing united rejects, but anyone is better than babybrain Pickford.

You seem to think we can just give other teams players without them having any say in the matter. They also have to be able to afford the player.

Let's see. For me it depends on whether a PL team want him, and how his injury improves.

From what I've heard we are actively trying to get rid and Carlo isnt having any of his "I want to stay and fight for my place" rubbish.

Tosun also took being subbed off by Big Dunc to heart and apparently they dont see eye to eye.

You also have to factor in that its in a players benefit to lower their wages to get a longer contract elswhere.

James Rodriguez is a perfect example of that - take a pay cut and get a salary coming in for the next 3 yrs or sit around at Real and be guaranteed nothing next season.

Same way if Tosun was to half his wages and move to a Celtic type club on a 4-5 year deal it benefits him more than sat on our bench for 2 years, his contract expiring and potentially having no half decent club wanting to offer him a contract bar the duck and dogs local side at a fiver per game.

From what I've heard we are actively trying to get rid and Carlo isnt having any of his "I want to stay and fight for my place" rubbish.

Tosun also took being subbed off by Big Dunc to heart and apparently they dont see eye to eye.

You also have to factor in that its in a players benefit to lower their wages to get a longer contract elswhere.

James Rodriguez is a perfect example of that - take a pay cut and get a salary coming in for the next 3 yrs or sit around at Real and be guaranteed nothing next season.

Same way if Tosun was to half his wages and move to a Celtic type club on a 4-5 year deal it benefits him more than sat on our bench for 2 years, his contract expiring and potentially having no half decent club wanting to offer him a contract bar the duck and dogs local side at a fiver per game.

How does taking half the money for the last of his career benefit him?

Stopped reading after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back