Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

10m for Romero, Not a chance.

Apparently looking a free transfers in Goalkeepers.

I like the look of Luca Zidane (son of Zinedine) ex Real who played on loan at Racing Santander last season.

Played La Liga and Champions League too and only 22 not a huge financial risk.

Pickford
Emerson Mina Holgate Digne
Gbamin
Allan Doucoure
James
Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Obviously Gbamin wont be starting straight away but i imagine thats what Brands may have in mind.

I could see that team but with Kean over DCL by end of season.

Bearing in mind that Allan and James are hopefully soon to be here purely because of Carlo, I’m even more interested in what Carlo has in mind - especially as he picks the team!

giphy.gif
Here's the thing: I trust what people who do this for a living write more than my own eyes. I'm no scout.

Apparently looking a free transfers in Goalkeepers.

I like the look of Luca Zidane (son of Zinedine) ex Real who played on loan at Racing Santander last season.

Played La Liga and Champions League too and only 22 not a huge financial risk.

Wow! We're getting Zidane!! Oh...wakes up from 90's dream

Is this the same @Zatara thats been waxing lyrical about 2 over 28 year olds we are on the cusp of signing?

could it be that he thinks that Gomes won’t ever recover to the level he was, and therefore is substandard if we get the players we are strongly linked to?
I think that if we sign the three players we are linked with then we have to expect departures and I don't mean people like Besic, Bolasie and Sandro.
The signing of one midfielder would mean that the manager wanted to strengthen midfield, signing three means he wants a completely new one.

Anyone who thought having appointed one of the best managers in the world that we would then back him with funds for transfers.

If they come off they are not big money either, although they are much needed, its the worst collective midfield i have seen put together at Goodison, to be honest i would get excited if we gave Nyarko his shirt back...

If they come off they are not big money either, although they are much needed, its the worst collective midfield i have seen put together at Goodison, to be honest i would get excited if we gave Nyarko his shirt back...
Not in comparison to some deals we have done in recent years no. Amazing to think we are getting both for the same price as Gylfi.

Is this the same @Zatara thats been waxing lyrical about 2 over 28 year olds we are on the cusp of signing?

could it be that he thinks that Gomes won’t ever recover to the level he was, and therefore is substandard if we get the players we are strongly linked to?

When i look at Gomes' career, he was with Valencia (on loan i think for one) two seasons and the fulcrum of their team the second season.

To compare him having 1 great season across his entire career with Allan who is consistently one of, if not the most hard working and effective all round quality midfielders in europe and James who even when hes not having a great game puts in 2 or 3 amazing passes to forwards...well its no contest.

Even the Sigurdsson stat contest doesnt work with Gomes. Hes a 6/38 game a season player.

To have any team with James + Allan in the middle then add Gomes to it doesnt really make sense to me unless its a stopgap backup role.

Doucoure makes more sense as hes got the physical power and legs to press + adds in a handful of valuable goals + consistency.

Even Gordon on the left of a 4 or a 3 makes sense as he brings energy and could develop into something special.

Gomes seems to be a luxury player who, in reality is basically a well liked Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back