Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey , mini Esks all over Twitter saying our accounts are almost Leeds like .
I don't think they grasp the fact that Mosh and his best mate didn't get rich by taking stupid risks . The pair are dodgy as F but they are super rich for a reason .
Unsurprisingly the LFC chief arselicker at the echo is "worried " about our finances . No you biased poor excuse for an editor who uses no more than two syllables in a sentence . You're worried about this phoenix .
I don't know why I go on Twitter . Opinion is fact and vice versa . No grey area and no room for debate .
Rant over . Muppets .
Tbh the accounts *are* Leeds villa et al like.

and so we do need to be conscious of that. It’s not a risk at the moment because we have a rich benefactor. The risk would be if that benefactor ran out of patience or got bored or whatever. If he left, we would be in trouble.

That being said, I don’t believe that is a risk just yet, particularly with the ground in the pipeline. As long as that is happening then sound. If that goes belly up I’d start to panic a little.

Blimey , mini Esks all over Twitter saying our accounts are almost Leeds like .
I don't think they grasp the fact that Mosh and his best mate didn't get rich by taking stupid risks . The pair are dodgy as F but they are super rich for a reason .
Unsurprisingly the LFC chief arselicker at the echo is "worried " about our finances . No you biased poor excuse for an editor who uses no more than two syllables in a sentence . You're worried about this phoenix .
I don't know why I go on Twitter . Opinion is fact and vice versa . No grey area and no room for debate .
Rant over . Muppets .

Moshiri's got an accountancy background.

People don't understand football is an exceptional business. I've worked in football in a limited capacity but got some good insight - it's nothing like any other job I had before or since.

People don't understand they aren't privy to all the facts or what can/will happen.

All that considered, people also should really learn to not be so definite and assertive in what will or will not happen. Example from last week, and sorry to pick on you @The Esk but you're a vocal commentator;

1599126843269.png

Tbh the accounts *are* Leeds villa et al like.

and so we do need to be conscious of that. It’s not a risk at the moment because we have a rich benefactor. The risk would be if that benefactor ran out of patience or got bored or whatever. If he left, we would be in trouble.

That being said, I don’t believe that is a risk just yet, particularly with the ground in the pipeline. As long as that is happening then sound. If that goes belly up I’d start to panic a little.
That sounds even worse .
Thanks for putting it in plain and cold terms for me . It sounds a tad scary but totally logical .

I think our transfer activity from now on may depend on players being sold.
I have seen the post about the loan taken out by us of 124m but so far from what I have seen with the way the deals have been structured we won't need a fraction of that..... but, that posters information was spot on about everything else. I assume he was a Watford supporter rather than an Everton one.

The manager clearly saw what everybody else did and just brought in a new midfield, I feel that any other signings may be of younger players the manager will want to develop... if there are any other signings.
As I and others have Carlo did not come to play Tom Davies and Siggy in midfield (and although he has been brilliant in the past ) a too old Coleman at full back.
I expect at least 2 more incomings for the first 11 and despite what people think I expect one more stellar name.
Carlo has a plan and Usmanov has a wallet.
We have got 3/4 of a top midfield for less than 70 m.
Carlo will want a ready to go midfield and for next season
So 1 more midfielder and a RB at a minimum for me.
I’ve said all along Carlo will spend big with no constraints placed on him and so far I’ve been right.

People don't understand football is an exceptional business. I've worked in football in a limited capacity but got some good insight - it's nothing like any other job I had before or since.

People don't understand they aren't privy to all the facts or what can/will happen.

All that considered, people also should really learn to not be so definite and assertive in what will or will not happen. Example from last week, and sorry to pick on you @The Esk but you're a vocal commentator;

View attachment 99622
No idea why he can’t just be excited and stop blagging he knows our financial situation.
Too many fans get caught up in the financial side of the game when none of us have a clue.

Is it possible for one of our resident financial experts to explain to me possible ways that we might circumvent some of the accumulated negative numbers that make up FFP?

I get player amortisation helps to spread cost and that increasing revenue/sponsorship helps to offset some of that. I also get that stadium costs can generally be discounted. But didn't I read somewhere that it is possible for an owner to inject upto £40M of their own cash over a 3 year period to reduce this - or did I imagine that?

Also, if that Watford ITK is correct (for argument's sake) and we have secured a £127 million loan for transfers, why wouldn't this affect FFP? I remember we arranged that bizarre credit facility with the Bank of China - but I don't see how this helps us?

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I can't find it. Unlike some this morning, it seems, I am not particularly worried about our accounts given Moshiri's background etc. However, it does appear from the outside that we shouldn't be able to do what we're doing due to FFP.

Anyone think they can explain/put forward theories?? As I for one, still want a decent RB, a pacy option wide left and a decent GK option!

That sounds even worse .
Thanks for putting it in plain and cold terms for me . It sounds a tad scary but totally logical .

Aren't most football clubs accounts going to look a little Leeds-like currently, with covid decimating the game? I would love to see murderpool FCs accounts with their agents fees and the wages they are paying?

I'm sure there are clubs worse off than us, and there will be some better off, and like a few have said, Moshi and Uzzy ain't got their wonga by being idiots, so hopefully we can leave the financial worrying to them - they probably get Harry Redknapps dog to do their books anyway.

I am indeed. A player who makes space for himself and offers an option to pass to. He doesn't have to play the defence splitting passes himself, just get the ball and give it to someone who can. No matter where the ball was on the pitch he was about 5-10 yards away in space. It's mad how many players, especially midfielders don't do that these days, it used to be a basic requirement.
The things I see written about this fairly decent, reactive destroyer.

No idea why he can’t just be excited and stop blagging he knows our financial situation.
Too many fans get caught up in the financial side of the game when none of us have a clue.

Let's trust the billionaire accountant to know his numbers.

If it ever gets a bit touch and go with compliance, he'll do something like have someone pay £30m just to have a potential option to potentially bid on naming rights.

View attachment 99622

Curious about your experience mate, what did you learn - not to stress about football finances in a normal sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back