Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see regarding formation, we’ve only had 2 friendlies, seems strange he stuck with 442 fir the most part, after lockdown.

I think Richarlison needs to play closer to the top end of the pitch, because of his willingness to work hard at times he drops to deep when on the left. And becomes less effective.

And I’f we buy a RW then we are basically stuck with that formation, with James as 10 for the next 3yrs. With all the rumours of us wanting a wide player, maybe your right.

The other system we could play is a diamond in midfield, which Would suit James at the top and wouid keep Richarlison up front. Would also probably suit Allan, who’s mainly played the right side in a 2 or 3. Maybe Doucoure left and eventually Gbamin sitting.

A quality attacking RB would be needed for this system and maybe another striker, again there’s been links to forwards.

will be interesting to see who we target next.

He’s definitely a better player in and around the box, so any formation that gets him there would have my blessing.

Totally agree that the narrow 4-4-2 diamond would be brilliant for the players we have at our disposal. Unfortunately we haven’t seen him play it yet and we’re rumoured to want a right winger, so you get the feeling it’ll be 4-3-3 though our right hand side then becomes a problem for the season.

Beautiful to see the centre of the park finally sorted out, but even if we give Kenny the benefit of the doubt RW is nowhere near up to it.

Genuinely more excited about outs now as that’s the only way we’ll be able to bring in a RW. Brands deserves a medal if he can shift half of this lot though.

Gibson will go on loan. A good league one season doesn’t mean he’s ready for the prem. mate who works for Fleetwood in analysis says he was excellent but maybe too soon for prem.

Issue is the timing and age of the newcomer... so Gibson/ Branthwaite goes on loan and comes back a year from now.. he is blocked . Buying a player a bit older and more ready does nothing for those who pure sheer timing are not their yet but could be. Need to let the one not just there yet be the understudy and if he has to step up so be it..so many of our successes was because of injury and they had to step in.. not some clever development plan.

I said it before wrt to Nkounkou .. you don’t buy a 19 or 20 year old and then get a 22 year old cos you want a readymade backup.

At what point will your teen potential get the shot? Will they wait 5 years when your new 22 or 23 is approaching 30...

Cold heartedly the flip side is who has the higher ceiling?

Surely Chelsea would want us to be playing Tomori regularly for the loan to work out for them?
Which means squeezing out one of our regular guys. If he's just on loan with no option to buy I don't think that works for us.
If there's option to buy though I'm all in.
Regarding the winger position - it's Benrahma for me!
At £20m not too expensive and he's a young, explosive and exciting option.

You need 4 CBs, Mina and Keane are similar profiles, aerially strong, good 1v1, Holgate is more of a jack of all trades, not to shabby in 1v1s, in the air, assured on the ball. What we're missing is a more athletic CB, someone who allows us to play higher up the pitch, Tomori fits that bill for me.

Give Gibson another year out on loan playing regularly as he should be, Branthwaite was probably forced into the side too soon, so another few months training with the side and then look to get him a loan in January.

4 is a must for sure but I don't think we have enough games this season to keep the current 3 + Tomori happy. Agreed that Mina and Keane are almost too similar too which doesn't help!

Tomori on loan is fine, Yeah we develop a Chelsea player but it is a stop gap to many problems, We get CB cover while the season is getting closer and closer, We can hopefully sign a new one next summer or persuade him to come here if he has a good season, Chelsea are stupid enough to sell let's not go through the list of players they've sold and regretted.
No issue with it to be honest.

4 is a must for sure but I don't think we have enough games this season to keep the current 3 + Tomori happy. Agreed that Mina and Keane are almost too similar too which doesn't help!

I assume we won’t be seeing Holgate for a while then. Surely no coincidence that there has been no update on his injury and then this potential move pops up. Suspect we are prioritising a CB as a result.

If you believe in Branthwaite a loan CB would be great. We saw with the Holgate injury how important a good 4th is, but if you buy one without selling Keane or Mina you have too many and he doesnt get a chance next year. Now you can loan him out a full year, get him experience like Holgate did, and then bring him back next season to be one of your top 3 CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back