Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be all over this personally, really rate this lad.

I agree but we can't have both him and Tomori.

Personally, I can't see these loan deals being done before the last few days of the window, which means that Holgate is probably due back within a couple of weeks of Tomori coming in. I'd be inclined to keep at least one of our own younger centre backs as 4th choice, and take Hudson Odoi from Chelsea. He can play either wing, is quick and has great feet, and adds a different attacking threat that we don't already have in the squad.

To be honest though, I think either player would be good for us so if we go for Tomori, which I expect to happen, then I'm not going to spit my dummy out. ;)

If Dalot & Tomori are the main targets then both will be done in the last few days or deadline day itself.

Utd want £20 million for Dalot which they wont get so negotiations will happen for that one and Chelsea will likely only loan Tomori out if they cant get buyers/interest in the likes of Rudiger/Sarr.

Likely to be a quiet 7 or so days ahead on the transfer front.

Personally, I can't see these loan deals being done before the last few days of the window, which means that Holgate is probably due back within a couple of weeks of Tomori coming in. I'd be inclined to keep at least one of our own younger centre backs as 4th choice, and take Hudson Odoi from Chelsea. He can play either wing, is quick and has great feet, and adds a different attacking threat that we don't already have in the squad.

To be honest though, I think either player would be good for us so if we go for Tomori, which I expect to happen, then I'm not going to spit my dummy out. ;)

Good post mate, i haven't been convinced on Tomori if im being honest, flashes but i think he has a long way to go. I think it would be hard work for him to break our team myself. But he seems someone Brands likes. Im a bit on the fence on bolstering at centre half, we either trust Gibbo or Branthwaite or we dont for me, i think we have a bit of time to play with and another month of the window to go were other loan opportunities might arise, id be in no rush.

Id be all over CHO, hes a special talent, break your heart though Chelsea wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him.

Last edited:

Is that the girl from Logans Run in your Avatar! lollol

Very clever, most wont have got that! Brilliant!

Last edited:
Dalot would be a good signing, his ability to cover both flanks would be particularly useful. That ticks a lot of boxes on its own, as does his age, and the fact he would come relatively cheap.

Dalot on a permanent, and Hudson-Odoi on loan who offers the same flexibility, would represent an excellent finish to business, with or without another CB.

I think in pre-pandemic days he could have been shifted to China or somewhere but not likely now. Don’t think there’d be much PL interest in him. He’s a lovely little player at times but I don’t think he’s adjusted to the physical aspects of the league. Could be different with a more combative midfield; don’t think he’ll be going anywhere this season.
I think his struggles go beyond the physical parts.

Good post mate, i haven't been convinced on Tomori if im being honest, flashes but i think he has a long way to go. I think it would be hard work for him to break our team myself. But he seems someone Brands likes. Im a bit on the fence on bolstering at centre half, we either trust Gibbo or Branthwaite or we dont for me, i think we have a bit of time to play with and another month of the window to go were other loan opportunities might arise, id be in no rush.

Id be all over CHO, hes a special talent, break your heart though Chelsea wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him.
They gave him a massive pay hike to keep Bayern Munich at bay a year ago if you believe the tabloids. Think Bayern were offering in the region of £30m for him which is massive for them, and they tend to be a decent judge of player.

Six weeks that's most of a few months with two stoppers and not much pace at the back

6 weeks is the maximum mate might be less and there is an international break meaning the most he'll miss is 4-5 games in which Mina is now fit.

I dont mind us getting a CB in on loan as cover but it wont be the clubs priority imo - I would rather we waited and splashed out next summer on a top drawer CB.

They gave him a massive pay hike to keep Bayern Munich at bay a year ago if you believe the tabloids. Think Bayern were offering in the region of £30m for him which is massive for them, and they tend to be a decent judge of player.

Id well it believe mate it i think he is on something like 120k a week at 19, that said i do think hes a special talent, so i can see the logic from a Chelsea point of view, he will go on to be worth huge money. Special player if he keeps his head and doesnt make mistakes, though i believe he has made a few already. The dangers of youth and that kind of money.

Still i think it would be fierce competition for his signature on loan.

He is not crap he is a skillful player and was pretty good the first season last season he was inconsistent but still probably our best winger, maybe being the size and the style of play he does, he is just is not suited to this league and also remember the midfield hardly ever had control last season so it was hard for most of the wing players. Would I like more from him? Yes. And would I sell him if we got a decent offer? yes, but saying he is crap is over the top, if we keep him I hope we can unlock his talent.
Mate. You must know by now that, in GOT terms, if you're not world class you're crap.

I'm talking about Walcott you know? Your post seems to be referencing Bernard.

Also it isn't opinion that Walcott is crap it's fact. He's been nothing short of awful for us, hence why he's our only RW and at times we've been shoehorning LW into that position since we signed him.

I'd just like to point out that I have nothing against Walcott and I think he's a top professional but he's just crap as a player.

I always have my doubts when loaning off another Premier League club as I feel we are developing a player for them who they deem not good enough for their team at this stage. We should be aiming for players that are better than what Chelsea currently have.
I can agree with much of this. This lad is a strong fast skilful player. That's why I said an option to buy. Loan with a set fee to play if we want him to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back