Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing so many posters didnt want him.

Massive opportunity lost. My first choice this summer and while we have 3 great midfield signings im not sure people realise how weak we are in defence and how good Gabriel actually is.

Its quite funny how people think just by strengthening the midfield it automatically makes our strikers score more, our defence defend better and the keeper stop making howlers.

Im not getting carried away with the current business done as simply put our squad was utterly woeful last season and realistically we needed a good 5-6 in this window to go some way to addressing that.

Still time obviously but at present I think 8th is our glass ceiling.

If we are to push higher then apart from crazy amounts of signings which is unrealistic I think we need to focus investment on one end of the pitch - ie. Top class defence / keeper and rely on tight 1-0 wins all season or invest in a top quality CF / goalscoring wide player and blow teams away like Rodgers Liverpool in which not even Pickfords howlers would see us drop points.

Which is fine. Now we need some outs.
agree. We need another centre half. I am happy with Kenny and NKonkou as back up full backs.
Do worry though in attack: i am not convinced with Kean like many others and if we would pick up injuries to either Dom/Richarlison we would struggle. But another winger/striker will depend how many we can shift. There are still options like Zaha, Lozano or a back up striker. FFS Brands do the business on the outgoings please.

Massive opportunity lost. My first choice this summer and while we have 3 great midfield signings im not sure people realise how weak we are in defence and how good Gabriel actually is.

On the flip side of the coin, I’m sure plenty of teams will go to fulham and smash them so I’m not sure this is the game we should measuring him in. Let’s see how he gets on against a top side. That said, he absolutely gets in our team ahead of King Yerald.

We are not weak at the back, we are actually solid if you take in case that our defence played with that midfield last season. Agree with you that Gabriel is really good though.

Its quite funny how people think just by strengthening the midfield it automatically makes our strikers score more, our defence defend better and the keeper stop making howlers.

Im not getting carried away with the current business done as simply put our squad was utterly woeful last season and realistically we needed a good 5-6 in this window to go some way to addressing that.

If we are to push higher then apart from crazy amounts of signings which is unrealistic I think we need to focus investment on one end of the pitch - ie. Top class defence / keeper and rely on tight 1-0 wins all season or invest in a top quality CF / goalscoring wide player and blow teams away like Rodgers Liverpool in which not even Pickfords howlers would see us drop points.
Well... I mean..... it literally does mean our strikers score more, our defence defends better.

Sure, a great midfield doesnt do their jobs for them, but quite literally they give many more opportunities for the strikers to score, and the give better defensive cover and fewer turnovers meaning defenders have an easier job. The most important position on the pitch is, and has always been, CM because no one has to be involved in every second of play as much as CMs.

Well... I mean..... it literally does mean our strikers score more, our defence defends better.

Sure, a great midfield doesnt do their jobs for them, but quite literally they give many more opportunities for the strikers to score, and the give better defensive cover and fewer turnovers meaning defenders have an easier job. The most important position on the pitch is, and has always been, CM because no one has to be involved in every second of play as much as CMs.

Nar, it doesn't matter, unless we buy Danny Ings we cant win the league.

Not sure on the formation we would play but;

Forwards: Happy going into the season with Richarlison / DCL / Kean. All young players and another season together we need the 3 to step up a gear. Big opportunity for DCL and Kean this season.

Midfield: Very exciting trio for the next 3 seasons

Defence: Half a defence with Digne/Holgate. Holgate should be at RCB to cover behind the RB with his pace but has to play on the left as Keane/Mina cant play there. We will need to play very deep this season.

Keeper: Toss of a coin whether he has a good game or throws a goal in.

Feels that the 3 years we have Allan / James is the amount of time it will take to build a good team.

agree. We need another centre half. I am happy with Kenny and NKonkou as back up full backs.
Do worry though in attack: i am not convinced with Kean like many others and if we would pick up injuries to either Dom/Richarlison we would struggle. But another winger/striker will depend how many we can shift. There are still options like Zaha, Lozano or a back up striker. FFS Brands do the business on the outgoings please.

Quite dismayed that we havent shifted more players. Cant really pin it on brands so much due to their salaries and he got Schneiderlin out which is great.

The Iwobi and Delph signings have really put alot of doubt on Brands while the Nkounkou and Branthwaite signings look excellent business.

On the flip side of the coin, I’m sure plenty of teams will go to fulham and smash them so I’m not sure this is the game we should measuring him in. Let’s see how he gets on against a top side. That said, he absolutely gets in our team ahead of King Yerald.

Well, Gabriel would have played LCB with Holgate at RCB. Alot of people say it doesnt matter if a CB plays left or right side but Mina looks better on the right and Keane looks like an absolute donkey in anything other than a deep defence.

Individually we have Digne who is class and Holgate who could make a good RCB. Mina a rotation player behind Holgate really.

Very week on the right half of defence.

We are not weak at the back, we are actually solid if you take in case that our defence played with that midfield last season. Agree with you that Gabriel is really good though.

RB: Coleman/Kenny
RCB: Keane/Mina

Thats very much a mid table at best half of a defence.

Having Allan in midfield will help but this is the right sided trifecta of doom

RB: Coleman/Kenny
RCB: Keane/Mina
RM: Walcott

What a strange post.

Gabriel and Mina are two different players in different positions.

Zero correlation here.

Not sure if this post is serious???

You are claiming that Gabriel and Mina don't play the same position?

You don't half say some bolloxs Zatmania.

Dont even bother coming back with 1 is a left-sided CB and the other is right, only people who have never played football think it matters which side CBs go on.

Fikayo Tomori on loan
Diego Dalot on loan with an option to buy
Jasper Cillessen on loan with an option to buy
Thomas Lemar on loan with an option to buy

Pickford/Cillessen - Coleman/Dalot, Keane/Mina, Tomori/Holgate, Digne/Nkounkou - Allan/Gbamin, Doucouré/Gomes, Bernard/Iwobi - James/Lemar, DCL/Kean, Richarlison/Gordon

We can only loan two players, Lemar would be an interesting shout though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back