Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not cream over Gabriel against an absolutely vacant Fulham, why do they even bother coming up.

Theyve signed a few players who werent ready today.

Areola and Tete for example should be starters for them.

They needed Mitrovic to start though...looked toothless attacking.

....if strengthening the midfield doesn’t make us better defensively and a more creative attacking force, then the signings have failed.

The RCB / RB / RM positions look very weak to me eggs.

Agree would have loved Gabriel but very happy with this new Everton stance of not paying more. We had to grow a pair and show we wouldn't be bullied on price any more if we'd caved we may not have got the 3 players we've brought in for almost half the prices we were originally quoted. Showing Napoli we wouldn't pay more for Gabriel who they were also after let them know we wouldn't move on our valuation of Allan. No more soft touch Everton now hopefully. Now if we could get both Todibo and Emerson from Barca for good price who I think are both quality we'd be all set for the season.

Yeah doesnt take the Krypton factor to see that weve made some very VERY positive signings in 2020.

Allan
James
Doucoure
Nkounkou
Branthwaite

Im happy with those 5. However id really like to see us move players on now..

Even if we dont sign anymore players id be quite hopeful that were building if we could shift 10 players or more out :)

I’m better than Yerry Mina. Don’t know why he’s absolutely adored on here, he’s an absolute yard dog.
Couldnt agree more.
Poor concentración, slowish, poor judgement. no way he gets near a top 6 side
Eeeee back off Yerry you bad mings.
None of these are true.

What i dont understand is why posters prefer Keane to Mina.

Keane is the sort of player i think forwards love to play against.

Its quite funny how people think just by strengthening the midfield it automatically makes our strikers score more, our defence defend better and the keeper stop making howlers.

Im not getting carried away with the current business done as simply put our squad was utterly woeful last season and realistically we needed a good 5-6 in this window to go some way to addressing that.

Still time obviously but at present I think 8th is our glass ceiling.

If we are to push higher then apart from crazy amounts of signings which is unrealistic I think we need to focus investment on one end of the pitch - ie. Top class defence / keeper and rely on tight 1-0 wins all season or invest in a top quality CF / goalscoring wide player and blow teams away like Rodgers Liverpool in which not even Pickfords howlers would see us drop points.
We all knew the squad had problems and in most people’s view, the midfield was the biggest problem. It simply had to be sorted first.
There is no doubt in my mind that improving the midfield will relieve pressure on the defence. Having a midfield that enables us to play through the middle with creativity will definitely help the attack.
Gabriel may well have been a good buy, but he didn’t want to come and as we now know, the deal wasn’t agreed wit Lyon. Move on.
For the money we’ve spent, I’m sure we’re getting the biggest bang for our bucks In terms of performance enhancement.

What a strange post.

Gabriel and Mina are two different players in different positions.

Zero correlation here.
Sorry Zat but I don't get this. They are both centre backs. Mina often played on the left of the two, especially when paired with Kean, but sometimes with Holgate too.

Sorry Zat but I don't get this. They are both centre backs. Mina often played on the left of the two, especially when paired with Kean, but sometimes with Holgate too.
You’re wrong. Mina has always played on the right of the centre half pairing. Both Keane and Holgate have played on the left of the two.

Agreed mate, i know my original point got a bit hyped, really all i was saying was he was having a good game. lol

Looked impressive and a good one, you can see why we were interested.

I noted Carlos comments earlier, that some of our targets he got the feeling didnt want to come and didnt pass his standard of motivation to make them a signing, i wondered was it a pointed comment at Gabriel.
Interesting point. Never thought about it but very possibly. There were certainly several comments about him preferring Arsenal and United so you'd imagine there was some truth in it.

I liked what I saw of the lad and would have been happy had we bought him, although I've always believed midfield, RB and RW were more important.

We all knew the squad had problems and in most people’s view, the midfield was the biggest problem. It simply had to be sorted first.
There is no doubt in my mind that improving the midfield will relieve pressure on the defence. Having a midfield that enables us to play through the middle with creativity will definitely help the attack.
Gabriel may well have been a good buy, but he didn’t want to come and as we now know, the deal wasn’t agreed wit Lyon. Move on.
For the money we’ve spent, I’m sure we’re getting the biggest bang for our bucks In terms of performance enhancement.

I just dont get our strategy - if we sign 2x 29 year old players then you go all out and get other areas strengthened in addition.

The whole "lets wait 2 years to sign another Striker or RB and see how Kenny/DCL get on" is all well and good but by the time we do replace them Allan and James are 31 and on the decline so its back to square one as it were.

Im hoping business is still to be done as ultimately we still have glaring weaknesses in the side - RB, GK & out wide in particular.

I admit DCL can probably "do a job" for the season but the likes of Coleman, Pickford, Iwobi, Walcott simply can not and must be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back