Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re wrong. Mina has always played on the right of the centre half pairing. Both Keane and Holgate have played on the left of the two.
Fair enough. I don't go the game now and don't have Sky either since October. But the games I recall him playing, mainly in his first season, he played primarily on the left. If that's not been the case this season I stand corrected.

He's still a centre back though so it's the same position.

You’re wrong. Mina has always played on the right of the centre half pairing. Both Keane and Holgate have played on the left of the two.

I remember Mina on the left side for Barca and he was shockingly bad.

If theres one thing I know its that Mina is a right sided centre back and Keane also cant play on the left.

I just dont get our strategy - if we sign 2x 29 year old players then you go all out and get other areas strengthened in addition.

The whole "lets wait 2 years to sign another Striker or RB and see how Kenny/DCL get on" is all well and good but by the time we do replace them Allan and James are 31 and on the decline so its back to square one as it were.

Im hoping business is still to be done as ultimately we still have glaring weaknesses in the side - RB, GK & out wide in particular.

I admit DCL can probably "do a job" for the season but the likes of Coleman, Pickford, Iwobi, Walcott simply can not and must be replaced.

DCL + Kean we'll see how they do this season.

The defence looks like we need to play deep without a quick RB + CB coming in.

So according to the athletic and Alan Myers were in for Dalot at right back and a loan deal.

would be happy with that.

I really like Dalot. Could play RB or RM...

For me the RB area is our 1 major area of concern.

Pickford is capable of having a very good season if he can get his head right
Possibly Hamez might solve our RW issue, but ideally we could do with wingers for both sides, cos the quality certainly isn't there
Few injuries concerns at CB

But Coleman isn't Coleman anymore and I doubt JJK is the required quality.

So for me its the 1 area we should be focusing on for now.

I just dont get our strategy - if we sign 2x 29 year old players then you go all out and get other areas strengthened in addition.

The whole "lets wait 2 years to sign another Striker or RB and see how Kenny/DCL get on" is all well and good but by the time we do replace them Allan and James are 31 and on the decline so its back to square one as it were.

Im hoping business is still to be done as ultimately we still have glaring weaknesses in the side - RB, GK & out wide in particular.

I admit DCL can probably "do a job" for the season but the likes of Coleman, Pickford, Iwobi, Walcott simply can not and must be replaced.

All the indications are that we'll do more business, and get another two or even three in. Even what we have done to date and before the season opener is very good going, by most people's expectations.

Even if we get another couple in, we'll still be short regardless such is the reality of how far behind we are. Another two signings and that would be potentially half the first XI replaced, that's more than acceptable for the first steps of a rebuild.

It's great that signings raise expectations and so they should but for me it's several windows away before we could even logically entertain thoughts of a top 4 finish.

The main thing for me is that each signing improves us in their specific position and as a collective unit, rather than how many signings we make. I hope we use our loan quotient, and strengthen at RW, that would give Ancelotti more options and round off what would look like an excellent window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back