Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the indications are that we'll do more business, and get another two or even three in. Even what we have done to date and before the season opener is very good going, by most people's expectations.

Even if we get another couple in, we'll still be short regardless such is the reality of how far behind we are. Another two signings and that would be potentially half the first XI replaced, that's more than acceptable for the first steps of a rebuild.

It's great that signings raise expectations and so they should but for me it's several windows away before we could even logically entertain thoughts of a top 4 finish.

The main thing for me is that each signing improves us in their specific position and as a collective unit, rather than how many signings we make. I hope we use our loan quotient, and strengthen at RW, that would give Ancelotti more options and round off what would look like an excellent window.

If we can sign 2 good players at RB + CB with lots of pace on loan with buy clauses then we will have done alot.

Need those sales now.

I know we've taken some dross off this lot over the years, but I like this lad. If we do play a narrow formation with the full backs providing the width, this lad looks ideal.

Can't believe he's still only 21. Loan or purchase, I'm in.
Havent seen a lot but watched a few vids and he looks quite good.

The United fans are all over the place on twitter tho, half think he's a right-sided Roberto Carlo and the others think he's Tony Hibbert.
Think Coleman still has the odd game in him, and i think he may play games where we expect to defend for long periods. But I see Dalot starting most games.

Why the sad emoji with the other post mate?
Our full backs are our wingers, that’s the way you have to reframe it.

Our full backs are our wingers, that’s the way we have to reframe it.

Loan with an option would be ideal, links to Arias continue to, you can see the synergy there.

Both Kenny and Coleman may look decent going into a 3 when we have the ball and sitting deep (helping Keane/Mina) without.

We would need to move the ball out of defence to midfield and up the pitch quickly though and no threat from the right.

Dalot / Emerson give us that high energy quick attacking threat down the right which means we wont be so predictable with only Digne offering a full back threat.

My view is that Ancelotti needs to spend a lot of time coaching the tactical and positioning side to our defenders.

Tomori + Dalot on loan with buy clauses open up alot of options for us to play higher.

But Palace would have bought Tosun for 20m if he didn't get injured.

But to answer my question, how does Wolves spending 6m show them sticking 2 fingers to FFP?

Come the windows end it'll be much more than £6 million and they have already been slapped with breaking FFP.

We haven't and have realistically only spent the £30 million USM naming rights deal so far on the books.

Not saying we are done spending but its a daft strategy signing 2x 29 year olds and still having crap like Coleman, Walcott and Iwobi getting in the starting 11 for another season.

Either go big or sign younger players who will still be around by the time we've gutted the squad in 2-3 summer windows.

A team with a finished Walcott, Coleman, flapping Pickford and crap Iwobi/Bernard will not be cracking Europe or winning stuff so why bother?

Our full backs are our wingers, that’s the way you have to reframe it.

Our full backs are our wingers, that’s the way we have to reframe it.

Loan with an option would be ideal, links to Arias continue to, you can see the synergy there.
You've convinced me we can do without rw and our width will come from our full backs but I'll be shocked if Brands sees Arias or Dalot as been good enough.

You've convinced me we can do without rw and our width will come from our full backs but I'll be shocked if Brands sees Arias or Dalot as been good enough.

Brands called Arias "perfect" when he was at PSV and won player of the year before joining Atletico.

Above average player.

Dalot would be a very sexy loan to see how he does under Ancelotti.

Frankly though we should be all in for Emerson.

how much did we get for schneiderlin
2m
Come the windows end it'll be much more than £6 million and they have already been slapped with breaking FFP.

We haven't and have realistically only spent the £30 million USM naming rights deal so far on the books.

Not saying we are done spending but its a daft strategy signing 2x 29 year olds and still having crap like Coleman, Walcott and Iwobi getting in the starting 11 for another season.

Replace them or sign younger players who will still be around by the time we've gutted the squad in 2-3 summer windows.
Whether its more or not, your statement that wolves are sticking 2 fingers up to FFP is complete bolloxs.

I mean if you have crystal ball surely you would use it for more important things than wolves net spend?

The 30m USM naming rights barely covers our loses for last year, it defo doesn't touch the loss of income this year as well.

We cant sell players that people don't want to buy, you assume we are pricing ourselves out, I doubt that's the case at all personally.

But maybe lets wait and see what the rest of the window brings.

I think its totally unrealistic to replace everybody in 1 window, which is what you are suggesting.

As I've said, we have issues at GK, RB, CB, both wings and question marks up top, so I don't think everything is rosy, but I also think its realistic to buy a whole new first 11 in 1 window, which is basically what you are suggesting.

Its quite funny how people think just by strengthening the midfield it automatically makes our strikers score more, our defence defend better and the keeper stop making howlers.

Im not getting carried away with the current business done as simply put our squad was utterly woeful last season and realistically we needed a good 5-6 in this window to go some way to addressing that.

Still time obviously but at present I think 8th is our glass ceiling.

If we are to push higher then apart from crazy amounts of signings which is unrealistic I think we need to focus investment on one end of the pitch - ie. Top class defence / keeper and rely on tight 1-0 wins all season or invest in a top quality CF / goalscoring wide player and blow teams away like Rodgers Liverpool in which not even Pickfords howlers would see us drop points.
We have 3 strikers plus a very young talent. Last thing we need is another CF. RB most important position right now

Brands called Arias "perfect" when he was at PSV and won player of the year before joining Atletico.

Above average player.

Dalot would be a very sexy loan to see how he does under Ancelotti.

Frankly though we should be all in for Emerson.
Agree Emersons the 1 I'd love to see rock up and be longterm replacement for Seamus. Arias I don't see any better than Seamus now and Dalot I don't see the attraction imo I think hes poor.

We have 3 strikers plus a very young talent. Last thing we need is another CF. RB most important position right now

Agree that RB is essential which I think we will address providing Kenny goes.

We still are utterly toothless out wide / up front though Richarlison aside:

in our final 11 games of the season we only scored more than 1 goal in a game once.

1 out of 11 games we only scored 2 or more goals!!!

Thats utterly abysmal and is the massive 50 stone elephant in the room.

Its essential we bring in either an effective wide player or CF. If we dont we are relying on alot of games ending 1-0 whilst having a midget flapper in goal and a defence that isn't exactly world class.

Agree Emersons the 1 I'd love to see rock up and be longterm replacement for Seamus. Arias I don't see any better than Seamus now and Dalot I don't see the attraction imo I think hes poor.

Emerson is another 'Gabriel' type opportunity we shouldnt miss.

Dalot i really like going forward and defending. However not seen him enough to know if hes good tactically or positional wise.

Agree that RB is essential which I think we will address providing Kenny goes.

We still are utterly toothless out wide / up front though Richarlison aside:

in our final 11 games of the season we only scored more than 1 goal in a game once.

1 out of 11 games we only scored 2 or more goals!!!

Thats utterly abysmal and is the massive 50 stone elephant in the room.

Its essential we bring in either an effective wide player or CF. If we dont we are relying on alot of games ending 1-0 whilst having a midget flapper in goal and a defence that isn't exactly world class.

The two players we need above anything else are a top right back and a rapid left sided centre back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back