Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont get our strategy - if we sign 2x 29 year old players then you go all out and get other areas strengthened in addition.

The whole "lets wait 2 years to sign another Striker or RB and see how Kenny/DCL get on" is all well and good but by the time we do replace them Allan and James are 31 and on the decline so its back to square one as it were.

Im hoping business is still to be done as ultimately we still have glaring weaknesses in the side - RB, GK & out wide in particular.

I admit DCL can probably "do a job" for the season but the likes of Coleman, Pickford, Iwobi, Walcott simply can not and must be replaced.
Money is a limiting factor. We may make another signing or two, but I’m sure we will require some players going out first.You are in cloud cookoo land if you think otherwise.
Whilst Allan and Rodriguez are 29, Gbamin and Doucoure are younger. So there is an age mix in Cm. We have also brought in two really top class international players. I don’t think we could have done better for the money spent and wages agreed.

However, we have probably spent this years budget and more. We will need to recoup some money.

I’ll be delighted if we get a new right back and right wing, but the question is do we have the finances to support it? I have no idea.

I know we've taken some dross off this lot over the years, but I like this lad. If we do play a narrow formation with the full backs providing the width, this lad looks ideal.

Can't believe he's still only 21. Loan or purchase, I'm in.

Havent seen a lot but watched a few vids and he looks quite good.

The United fans are all over the place on twitter tho, half think he's a right-sided Roberto Carlo and the others think he's Tony Hibbert.

Money is a limiting factor. We may make another signing or two, but I’m sure we will require some players going out first.You are in cloud cookoo land if you think otherwise.
Whilst Allan and Rodriguez are 29, Gbamin and Doucoure are younger. So there is an age mix in Cm. We have also brought in two really top class international players. I don’t think we could have done better for the money spent and wages agreed.

However, we have probably spent this years budget and more. We will need to recoup some money.

I’ll be delighted if we get a new right back and right wing, but the question is do we have the finances to support it? I have no idea.

Not spending 100m on Oblak, 50m on Zaha and asking Liverpool for TAA on loan shows a lack of ambition for me.

Wolves have already been hit with FFP and they are shelling out £35 million on 18 yr olds.

Villa are in trouble and are throwing £33 million at some championship striker and another £20 million on Martinez.

Its only Everton who seems to want to abide by FFP weirdly enough.

Sack it off and get the USM naming rights in pay once PP is granted on the stadium.

Our full backs are our wingers, that’s the way you have to reframe it.
I know we've taken some dross off this lot over the years, but I like this lad. If we do play a narrow formation with the full backs providing the width, this lad looks ideal.

Can't believe he's still only 21. Loan or purchase, I'm in.

Our full backs are our wingers, that’s the way we have to reframe it.

Loan with an option would be ideal, links to Arias continue to, you can see the synergy there.

Wolves have already been hit with FFP and they are shelling out £35 million on 18 yr olds.

Villa are in trouble and are throwing £33 million at some championship striker and another £20 million on Martinez.

Its only Everton who seems to want to abide by FFP weirdly enough.

Sack it off and get the USM naming rights in pay once PP is granted on the stadium.

Wolves currently have a Net spend of 6m this window, lets not act like they are sticking 2 fingers up to FFP please.

Everton have a Net spend of 60m to compare by the way, added to a loss of 112m last year, so yeah, we are totally abiding to FFP rules, NOT.

Wolves currently have a Net spend of 6m this window, lets not act like they are sticking 2 fingers up to FFP please.

Everton have a Net spend of 60m to compare by the way, added to a loss of 112m last year, so yeah, we are totally abiding to FFP rules, NOT.

Wolves have a decent net spend because they sell their players at realistic prices.

We on the other hand stick £20 million price tags on Toshun & £16 million on Kenny and wonder why we cant shift the buggers.

Wolves have a decent net spend because they sell their players at realistic prices.

We on the other hand stick £20 million price tags on Toshun & £16 million on Kenny and wonder why we cant shift the buggers.

But Palace would have bought Tosun for 20m if he didn't get injured.

But to answer my question, how does Wolves spending 6m show them sticking 2 fingers to FFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back