Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves have already been hit with FFP and they are shelling out £35 million on 18 yr olds.

Villa are in trouble and are throwing £33 million at some championship striker and another £20 million on Martinez.

Its only Everton who seems to want to abide by FFP weirdly enough.

Sack it off and get the USM naming rights in pay once PP is granted on the stadium.
We posted a loss of one hundred million last year and our wages to turnover level was eighty five percent, We have already spent the extra USM Money on this years transfers Because there was no surplus. To be honest, I suspect we have already bust FFP.

Im nervous about going too crazy because our recent history has been disastrous: Letting it get too out of control will sink the club.It will have to move towards a more sustainable model. Payino £60m plus on Kean and Iwobi for them not to feature much was madness. Add that to Gbamin,s injury and Delphi’s injuries and last years transfer season was a dead loss (nearly 100m on players that did more or less nothing for the team), This is compounded by by having Bolassie and Tocsun Unable to play; another 55 to 60 million.

Spending money we haven’t got right now would be the height of recklessness and put the club in jeopardy.

Emerson is another 'Gabriel' type opportunity we shouldnt miss.

Dalot i really like going forward and defending. However not seen him enough to know if hes good tactically or positional wise.

The two players we need above anything else are a top right back and a rapid left sided centre back

Bernard
Walcott
Iwobi
Bolasie

All bums who offer nothing out wide.

A wide player is 100% more needed than a CB mate.

We posted a loss of one hundred million last year and our wages to turnover level was eighty five percent, We have already spent the extra USM Money on this years transfers Because there was no surplus. To be honest, I suspect we have already bust FFP.

Im nervous about going too crazy because our recent history has been disastrous: Letting it get too out of control will sink the club.It will have to move towards a more sustainable model. Payino £60m plus on Kean and Iwobi for them not to feature much was madness. Add that to Gbamin,s injury and Delphi’s injuries and last years transfer season was a dead loss (nearly 100m on players that did more or less nothing for the team), This is compounded by by having Bolassie and Tocsun Unable to play; another 55 to 60 million.

Spending money we haven’t got right now would be the height of recklessness and put the club in jeopardy.

Last season we made a profit on transfers - Gana, Lookman, Onyekuru, Vlasic etc posted us a decent profit on the books regardless of net spend.

The £112 million loss is the summer prior.

COVID losses are also not included in FFP calculations.

Therefore that £30 million USM deal + the profit made last summer on the books is still not counted hence why we've signed 3 players already...

Last season we made a profit on transfers - Gana, Lookman, Onyekuru, Vlasic etc posted us a decent profit on the books regardless of net spend.

Therefore that £30 million USM deal + the profit made last summer on the books is still not counted hence why we've signed 3 players already...
I hope you are right, I don’t disagree that the squad still needs strengthening. I just wonder about the finances. I suppose it’s a question about whether our owners are sugar daddies or carpet baggers.

lol lol lol lol

We spent about 40m last summer.

Christ you really do make things up don't you?

Bernard
Walcott
Iwobi
Bolasie

All bums who offer nothing out wide.

A wide player is 100% more needed than a CB mate.

If Holgate doesnt play and unless Gibson or Bramthwaite turn into Maldini we wont have pace at the back and will need to sit super deep.

Depends if you want to play deep and go for a winger and hope they can win games a la peak kanchelskis.

I hope you are right, I don’t disagree that the squad still needs strengthening. I just wonder about the finances. I suppose it’s a question about whether our owners are sugar daddies or carpet baggers.

Im personally fed up of people banging on about how we cant spend.

Its simply esk rubbish which has been proven wrong 3 summers on the bounce now.

LFC are making massive sums of profit yet cant afford to spend whilst little old Everton are spending...

Something doesn't add up there...

Heres a challenge for you.

This season keep an eye on Keane / Mina / Holgate when they play at LCB.

Watch how many times Digne has space on the left flank while these three turn inside on their right foot as they simply cant make the pass to Digne with their left.

Also, my point was that Gabriel can play a high line either as the defender who comes out to press or the cover defender with his pace.

Keane and Mina (Mjna being the player mentioned);

Keane cant press players as he has no recovery pace and isnt athletic enough to coax players wide and keep up with them. He also cant cover as he has no pace and limited intelligence.

Mina is similar in that sense though greater intelligence and more forcefull pushing players wide.

So yeah, watch the defenders this season and see what i mean.

Thats why i imagine we want Tomori.
Zat , I know you fancy yourself as a football hipster but can you please explain how you have concluded that Mina is more intelligent than Keane.

I thought that, and losses are still losses. They are actual money lost to the club.

We never made a loss though - work out the profit on the books made for our departures last season compared to the signings we made and we made a profit.

Our FF deal also increased from £6 million to £12 million.

We also got £30 million from Uncle Usmanov.

If funds aint there then James Rodriguez, Allan & Doucoure wouldn't have been signed.

With everyone agreeing we need bodies out and transfer window open for few more weeks do you think we're going to have to wait a few weeks before we see our best team Will we have to suffer watching our deadwood playing the next few games to try and generate interest/sales????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back