Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im personally fed up of people banging on about how we cant spend.

Its simply esk rubbish which has been proven wrong 3 summers on the bounce now.

LFC are making massive sums of profit yet cant afford to spend whilst little old Everton are spending...

Something doesn't add up there...

They actually arnt, not like United do.

Yep, he also knows how much we are asking for players :oops:

We had a £20 million purchase option on Tosun last January and the athletic? I believe quoted Kenny is available for £16 million.

The information is out there if you can be bothered to read up on it rather than moan at me for relaying said information.

Its quite funny how people think just by strengthening the midfield it automatically makes our strikers score more, our defence defend better and the keeper stop making howlers.

Im not getting carried away with the current business done as simply put our squad was utterly woeful last season and realistically we needed a good 5-6 in this window to go some way to addressing that.

Still time obviously but at present I think 8th is our glass ceiling.

If we are to push higher then apart from crazy amounts of signings which is unrealistic I think we need to focus investment on one end of the pitch - ie. Top class defence / keeper and rely on tight 1-0 wins all season or invest in a top quality CF / goalscoring wide player and blow teams away like Rodgers Liverpool in which not even Pickfords howlers would see us drop points.
I think one of the problems we have nowadays is that there are more clubs who are our equal or better than us than there used to be. And that makes things harder!
In the good ol' days of Moyes the Premier League had a top 4. After that there was Spurs and us and maybe A Villa. That was it. That's who we competed with.
The last 10 years has seen the emergence of Man City, Leicester, Southampton, Burnley and Wolves who all are/or have been arguably on a par or better than us at one time or another.
So we are no longer competing for 5th-7th spots with 2 or 3 clubs we are up against many more, all with the same ambitions as us.
This emergence of clubs has made the Premier League more interesting for the neutrals but a lot harder to consistently cement a top 6 (European) place.
Hopefully under Moshiri (and Usmanov) the money will keep rolling in for us and we will continuously buy in better players which will ultimately give us the edge over our rivals. And Ancelotti will weave his magic and turn us into a much better team.
Otherwise I think the struggle continues.

I think one of the problems we have nowadays is that there are more clubs who are our equal or better than us than there used to be. And that makes things harder!
In the good ol' days of Moyes the Premier League had a top 4. After that there was Spurs and us and maybe A Villa. That was it. That's who we competed with.
The last 10 years has seen the emergence of Man City, Leicester, Southampton, Burnley and Wolves who all are/or have been arguably on a par or better than us at one time or another.
So we are no longer competing for 5th-7th spots with 2 or 3 clubs we are up against many more, all with the same ambitions as us.
This emergence of clubs has made the Premier League more interesting for the neutrals but a lot harder to consistently cement a top 6 (European) place.
Hopefully under Moshiri (and Usmanov) the money will keep rolling in for us and we will continuously buy in better players which will ultimately give us the edge over our rivals. And Ancelotti will weave his magic and turn us into a much better team.
Otherwise I think the struggle continues.

Good point mate - I said at the start of the window I think its going to take 2x summers of good recruitment to have us competing for the top 4/6 however I think even to compete for 7th/a trophy this season we still need another 2 or so in this window.

The midfield has been sorted and James hopefully can keep fit and offer us some magic but still think that left hand side is weak as is RB.

If we can address them and Holgate can stay fit then I think we can have a good season.

Good point mate - I said at the start of the window I think its going to take 2x summers of good recruitment to have us competing for the top 4/6 however I think even to compete for 7th/a trophy this season we still need another 2 or so in this window.

The midfield has been sorted and James hopefully can keep fit and offer us some magic but still think that left hand side is weak as is RB.

If we can address them and Holgate can stay fit then I think we can have a good season.
Need pace for the wide areas.

I'm talking about Walcott you know? Your post seems to be referencing Bernard.

Also it isn't opinion that Walcott is crap it's fact. He's been nothing short of awful for us, hence why he's our only RW and at times we've been shoehorning LW into that position since we signed him.

I'd just like to point out that I have nothing against Walcott and I think he's a top professional but he's just crap as a player.
Sorry thought you meant Bernard. Walcott is average and way past his peak. He should be a squad player at best

6 weeks is the maximum mate might be less and there is an international break meaning the most he'll miss is 4-5 games in which Mina is now fit.

I dont mind us getting a CB in on loan as cover but it wont be the clubs priority imo - I would rather we waited and splashed out next summer on a top drawer CB.
Ideally yes. I'd say RW /RB is more priority but we still need cover at cb I suppose if push comes to shove we have two youngsters to cover, I just worry about our backline with Keane and Mina it's not a good combination we have seen it before.

Agree that RB is essential which I think we will address providing Kenny goes.

We still are utterly toothless out wide / up front though Richarlison aside:

in our final 11 games of the season we only scored more than 1 goal in a game once.

1 out of 11 games we only scored 2 or more goals!!!

Thats utterly abysmal and is the massive 50 stone elephant in the room.

Its essential we bring in either an effective wide player or CF. If we dont we are relying on alot of games ending 1-0 whilst having a midget flapper in goal and a defence that isn't exactly world class.
We played with no midfield.
Sigi passed the ball to Pickford more then he did Rich and DCL combined. How are our strikers going to score when we don’t have the ball and when we do we pass backwards.
Also think Iwobi will shine this season. His stats at Arsenal put him right up there but last year not great, this year I think he be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back