Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite funny how people think just by strengthening the midfield it automatically makes our strikers score more, our defence defend better and the keeper stop making howlers.

Im not getting carried away with the current business done as simply put our squad was utterly woeful last season and realistically we needed a good 5-6 in this window to go some way to addressing that.

Still time obviously but at present I think 8th is our glass ceiling.

If we are to push higher then apart from crazy amounts of signings which is unrealistic I think we need to focus investment on one end of the pitch - ie. Top class defence / keeper and rely on tight 1-0 wins all season or invest in a top quality CF / goalscoring wide player and blow teams away like Rodgers Liverpool in which not even Pickfords howlers would see us drop points.

....if strengthening the midfield doesn’t make us better defensively and a more creative attacking force, then the signings have failed.

Gabriel is looking excellent for Arsenal, very impressive.

#sadface
By all accounts he didn't want to come here anyway. He's not the first and won't be the last.

But I guarantee he'll have much harder games than today so let's see how he shapes up against a fully fit Harry Kane, Jamie Vardey, Sergio Aguerro and Mo Salah.

No point beating ourselves up over it.

Amazing so many posters didnt want him.

Massive opportunity lost. My first choice this summer and while we have 3 great midfield signings im not sure people realise how weak we are in defence and how good Gabriel actually is.
Agree would have loved Gabriel but very happy with this new Everton stance of not paying more. We had to grow a pair and show we wouldn't be bullied on price any more if we'd caved we may not have got the 3 players we've brought in for almost half the prices we were originally quoted. Showing Napoli we wouldn't pay more for Gabriel who they were also after let them know we wouldn't move on our valuation of Allan. No more soft touch Everton now hopefully. Now if we could get both Todibo and Emerson from Barca for good price who I think are both quality we'd be all set for the season.

By all accounts he didn't want to come here anyway. He's not the first and won't be the last.

But I guarantee he'll have much harder games than today so let's see how he shapes up against a fully fit Harry Kane, Jamie Vardey, Sergio Aguerro and Mo Salah.

No point beating ourselves up over it.

Agreed mate, i know my original point got a bit hyped, really all i was saying was he was having a good game. lol

Looked impressive and a good one, you can see why we were interested.

I noted Carlos comments earlier, that some of our targets he got the feeling didnt want to come and didnt pass his standard of motivation to make them a signing, i wondered was it a pointed comment at Gabriel.

Not sure if this post is serious???

You are claiming that Gabriel and Mina don't play the same position?

You don't half say some bolloxs Zatmania.

Dont even bother coming back with 1 is a left-sided CB and the other is right, only people who have never played football think it matters which side CBs go on.

Heres a challenge for you.

This season keep an eye on Keane / Mina / Holgate when they play at LCB.

Watch how many times Digne has space on the left flank while these three turn inside on their right foot as they simply cant make the pass to Digne with their left.

Also, my point was that Gabriel can play a high line either as the defender who comes out to press or the cover defender with his pace.

Keane and Mina (Mjna being the player mentioned);

Keane cant press players as he has no recovery pace and isnt athletic enough to coax players wide and keep up with them. He also cant cover as he has no pace and limited intelligence.

Mina is similar in that sense though greater intelligence and more forcefull pushing players wide.

So yeah, watch the defenders this season and see what i mean.

Thats why i imagine we want Tomori.

Heres a challenge for you.

This season keep an eye on Keane / Mina / Holgate when they play at LCB.

Watch how many times Digne has space on the left flank while these three turn inside on their right foot as they simply cant make the pass to Digne with their left.

Also, my point was that Gabriel can play a high line either as the defender who comes out to press or the cover defender with his pace.

Keane and Mina (Mjna being the player mentioned);

Keane cant press players as he has no recovery pace and isnt athletic enough to coax players wide and keep up with them. He also cant cover as he has no pace and limited intelligence.

Mina is similar in that sense though greater intelligence and more forcefull pushing players wide.

So yeah, watch the defenders this season and see what i mean.

Thats why i imagine we want Tomori.

But to suggest Mina and Gabriel don't play the same position is a really stupid thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back