Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only 2 I can see going from last night's team are Kean and Kenny. I think everyone who played last night is basically 2nd choice for their position so we'd be left short if we let them go. Kean and Kenny are the only 2 that might raise enough money for us to be able to upgrade on them if we sold them I reckon, so they'd be possibilities if the offers are there. Difficult to see the benefit in selling Walcott for £5m for example, because you'd have to pay three times that just to get someone of the same quality to take his place.

I'd agree with that. We'd probably break even in FFP terms selling Walcott for around that amount which clearly wouldn't be enough to sign a decent replacement. They could decide to try to put the money towards a years loan fee for someone I guess.

The only other option to generate cash would be Bernard I think. Again it would be good for accounting since he came on a free. There might be interest in continental Europe for him, and his previous manager Fonseca is at Roma.

Either way we are not going to be generating any huge amounts. We would have to get £20m + to justify selling Kean and that's a huge amount for an average Italian side whilst Juventus want him on loan apparently. I wouldn't discount him going out on loan only we might be left with a loan option ourselves as a replacement. We would be doing very well to get 10 goals from a loan striker and I reckon Kean would probably still bag that amount over a full season this year so you would have to question whether it would be worth all the bother required.

I
I'd agree with that. We'd probably break even in FFP terms selling Walcott for around that amount which clearly wouldn't be enough to sign a decent replacement. They could decide to try to put the money towards a years loan fee for someone I guess.

The only other option to generate cash would be Bernard I think. Again it would be good for accounting since he came on a free. There might be interest in continental Europe for him, and his previous manager Fonseca is at Roma.

Either way we are not going to be generating any huge amounts. We would have to get £20m + to justify selling Kean and that's a huge amount for an average Italian side whilst Juventus want him on loan apparently. I wouldn't discount him going out on loan only we might be left with a loan option ourselves as a replacement. We would be doing very well to get 10 goals from a loan striker and I reckon Kean would probably still bag that amount over a full season this year so you would have to question whether it would be worth all the bother required.
Italian clubs will not be net spending this window
Expect a few fire sales come the end of the window
Koubailly could go on the cheap but still too rich for our blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back