Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is, I hope we don’t sign Zaha thinking “oh but we should be able to sell Walcott, Iwobi etc.”

Rather we signed Zaha knowing we are selling them.

Okay mate, yeah I agree.

See what happens. It may all come to nothing, though do think we need a winger definitely.

CB first like.

There is no doubt that Bolasie, Sandro and Besic will leave before the end of the window. The bad news is that we may have to pay large portions of the salaries of Bolasie and Sandro to make that happen.

There is a chance that if any of them are offered longer term contracts by other clubs now they will look at that rather than having no club possibly in less than twelve months time.

I think the club may be looking at the longer term picture realising that next summer all three are gone . That would leave Tosun as probably the only other expensive signing who is not involved in the squad and there seems to be interest in him even though still injured. Walcott at least is part of the match day squad. Any money saved with free transfers out or loans will be a bonus.

There are also a number of young players and they have until the end of October to find a club and cumulatively as probably only earning as much as Sandro in a week.

There is no doubt that Bolasie, Sandro and Besic will leave before the end of the window. The bad news is that we may have to pay large portions of the salaries of Bolasie and Sandro to make that happen.

There is a chance that if any of them are offered longer term contracts by other clubs now they will look at that rather than having no club possibly in less than twelve months time.

I think the club may be looking at the longer term picture realising that next summer all three are gone . That would leave Tosun as probably the only other expensive signing who is not involved in the squad and there seems to be interest in him even though still injured. Walcott at least is part of the match day squad. Any money saved with free transfers out or loans will be a bonus.

There are also a number of young players and they have until the end of October to find a club and cumulatively as probably only earning as much as Sandro in a week.

Same as Besic.

Don’t think it works that way going by the odd footballers payslip that hits the public domain
I doubt HMRC would allow it

The only time I have ever seen a players payslip was a Tevez one when he played for City and that was fake. Players get paid via their agents companies or through accountants. There are lots of ways for people to legally avoid tax, no premier league players are getting paid weekly and paying PAYE

Isn't this the sort of thing Rangers got caught doing and punished severely for it.

No, they did something illegal. There are loads of ways you can avoid tax legally, sometimes the loopholes get closed, like that one years ago that some footballers and celebrities did where, for tax purposes, they set themselves up as used car salesmen and didn't record any profit for the year which allowed them to pay 1% tax.

There are many legal practices that allow people to pay as little as 13% tax on their overall pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back