Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if Baines will be asked to stay for another year but all the others will probably be allowed to leave.
I did a quick estimate on what they may be earning and I would guess it could come close to 200k per week or 10 million in a full season which is frightening for a bunch of reserves , players very much on the periphery and a couple that the club cannot wait to be rid of.

Its frightening the wages with lads like Garbutt on 30 grand a week ;-( Baines unless taking a serious pay cut as on 70 grand a week on business sense should be booted ;-(

Also if Sidibe not signed permenantly thats another one gone ;-)

Last edited:
Wasn’t it the opposite of nondescript? I thought it was a freak injury where he managed to tear his quadricep from the bone
Descript?

I can't even remember to be honest, I just thought he was originally only supposed to miss half a dozen games but he's had two setbacks since. I have a vague recollection that they originally said it wasn't serious at all, then that it was a 6 week job, and now he's been out for 8 months. Standard Everton injury really.

Descript?

I can't even remember to be honest, I just thought he was originally only supposed to miss half a dozen games but he's had two setbacks since. I have a vague recollection that they originally said it wasn't serious at all, then that it was a 6 week job, and now he's been out for 8 months. Standard Everton injury really.
don't think there's been another club like us where we get major injuries so often

I think our transfer activity will be restricted this summer by an inability to move players out as clubs simply will not be able to afford to match the wages we pay to our footballers.
With the future of football being so uncertain players will cling to their contracts and will not readily move without the guarantee of a reasonable long term future.
We already have too many players on our books and I doubt that we will just add another batch without being able to reduce the squad al least to some degree.

A number of players will be leaving shortly as their contracts end but we will still have Bolasie, Besic and Sandro as well as young players like Pennington and Dowell on our books. There may be others that I cannot remember just now.

I wonder with clubs stretched for finaces will it be easier to loan out some of our dead wood for the year, Bolaise,Sandro andBesic in the last year of their deals, come June.

Think it'll make it harder tbh, besic may be easy to offload up Sheff utd as they know what they're getting with him and teams I believe will want to take little risk this summer.

But with the rest, I can forsee it meaning we'd just end up having to pay a higher percentage of their wages to offload.

Are we signing James Rodriguez then or not?
I get the feeling we are either his plan B or his agent is using us as a way to drum up interest. I am fairly sure he would rather be at a Champions League club. For a lot of the south americans, they want to be in either Spanish or Italian football and playing champions league, because that is what shown back home.
Having said all that I think there is a chance he could come to us. He is a risk because of his injuries and his high wages. In a 442 I dont know where he fits though. To me he is like a attacking central midfielder and for that in the prem, you need a 3 man central midfield. We could possibly do that if we played 532 and had a midfield 3 of James, Gomes and a DM (like Allan). But it would mean no Bernard :( but also no Walcott :).

It seems as if Baines will be asked to stay for another year but all the others will probably be allowed to leave.
I did a quick estimate on what they may be earning and I would guess it could come close to 200k per week or 10 million in a full season which is frightening for a bunch of reserves , players very much on the periphery and a couple that the club cannot wait to be rid of.

I would be happy if thats the case, I think Baines can be back up for another season.

I think our transfer activity will be restricted this summer by an inability to move players out as clubs simply will not be able to afford to match the wages we pay to our footballers.
With the future of football being so uncertain players will cling to their contracts and will not readily move without the guarantee of a reasonable long term future.
We already have too many players on our books and I doubt that we will just add another batch without being able to reduce the squad al least to some degree.

A number of players will be leaving shortly as their contracts end but we will still have Bolasie, Besic and Sandro as well as young players like Pennington and Dowell on our books. There may be others that I cannot remember just now.

"young players" Pennington is 25 and Dowell 24 and won't make it with us so should be got rid of :-) Besic was getting good reviews and talks of deal to sign almost sorted with Utd or abroad ;-) Sandro and Bolasie ;-( 1 more year of them thnkfully

"young players" Pennington is 25 and Dowell 24 and won't make it with us so should be got rid of :) Besic was getting good reviews and talks of deal to sign almost sorted with Utd or abroad ;-) Sandro and Bolasie ;-( 1 more year of them thnkfully
I think it may be easier to get rid of players like Pennington and Dowell. They are not on huge wages already and the possibility of getting a longer term contract would appeal to them(Dowell is only 22btw).

The more expensive older players can sit on their contracts and hope that football will have recovered in twelve months time and by then there will be no transfer fee and they can negotiate their own contracts.

I could see Bolasie being brought back and given a chance in the squad.

Think it'll make it harder tbh, besic may be easy to offload up Sheff utd as they know what they're getting with him and teams I believe will want to take little risk this summer.

But with the rest, I can forsee it meaning we'd just end up having to pay a higher percentage of their wages to offload.

Besic has played about 3 games for Sheff Utd, they won't be buying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back