Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our transfer activity will be restricted this summer by an inability to move players out as clubs simply will not be able to afford to match the wages we pay to our footballers.
With the future of football being so uncertain players will cling to their contracts and will not readily move without the guarantee of a reasonable long term future.
We already have too many players on our books and I doubt that we will just add another batch without being able to reduce the squad al least to some degree.

This will definitely be the case, but I think some of the foreign players may take a payoff to get back to be nearer their families.

Rumours are Lossl was the cause of Gbamin's horrendous injury, a reckless challenge in training and people were unhappy. If true I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the summer, being shipped out on loan in January kind of backs this up.
Where did you see this? I heard he ripped it up in shooting practice just taking a shot.

I think it may be easier to get rid of players like Pennington and Dowell. They are not on huge wages already and the possibility of getting a longer term contract would appeal to them(Dowell is only 22btw).

The more expensive older players can sit on their contracts and hope that football will have recovered in twelve months time and by then there will be no transfer fee and they can negotiate their own contracts.

I could see Bolasie being brought back and given a chance in the squad.

They also, signed Berge in January for big money for them.

I get the feeling we are either his plan B or his agent is using us as a way to drum up interest. I am fairly sure he would rather be at a Champions League club. For a lot of the south americans, they want to be in either Spanish or Italian football and playing champions league, because that is what shown back home.
Having said all that I think there is a chance he could come to us. He is a risk because of his injuries and his high wages. In a 442 I dont know where he fits though. To me he is like a attacking central midfielder and for that in the prem, you need a 3 man central midfield. We could possibly do that if we played 532 and had a midfield 3 of James, Gomes and a DM (like Allan). But it would mean no Bernard :( but also no Walcott :).
I don’t think Ancelotti is moving away from 442, he May slightly change the system from time to time. But I don’t ever see him playing 5 at the back.

I haven’t seen enough of James to know his best position, though I always thought he could play wide right?

And for me Bernard would be no great lose.

So 2 starts in 9 games?

They will not be buying him.

9 in Premiership total
2 starts in FA Cup and 2 in League Cup also but sure your the one recruiting for Sheff United so who are we to question :-) They ve 10 lads out of contract too including midfielders and Centre backs

Last edited:
9 in Premiership total
2 starts in FA Cup and 2 in League Cup also but sure your the one recruiting for Sheff United so who are we to question

How many starts in the league? In 29 games?

I don’t have to work for Sheffield United to be able to tell you that they aren’t buying Muhamed Besic. If we’re lucky a Championship club like Preston will bid £500k for him.

I don’t think Ancelotti is moving away from 442, he May slightly change the system from time to time. But I don’t ever see him playing 5 at the back.

I haven’t seen enough of James to know his best position, though I always thought he could play wide right?

And for me Bernard would be no great lose.

James is left footed, he has played wide left and wide right, so could play there, but i'm not sure its his best position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back