Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a massive massive fan of Allan, if I were going to go for 1 player from Napoli it would be Koulibaly. That being said, it's clear Ancelotti obviously likes him and he has worked with the Napoli squad and knows all about them. It's also the case that our weakest area, by some distance is midfield. Gomes sticks out like a sore thumb, but he is also erratic and inconsistent.

I dont think Allan is a hard man either. Hes an all round midfielder and would be well suited to playing in a 4 4 2.

As a final point, let's be fair here, Napolis players are levels ahead of where our players are. So if the fee is right, with all of the above I'm happy with it. He might provide what we hoped Delph would.
IF Koubailly is available we will be way down the list of suitors.
PSG,City ,United and others will have the cash to buy him

I've said this many times and I'm sure you're aware of my feelings by now, but when you're probably a good two years away from being at the level you want you should only sign players who will still be at their peak at that point. Allan is right on the border, Cavani obviously past it, James and Bale are both question marks as well. So when you're looking at those kinds of guys the money really has to be right or you're going to be hitting the spot you want to be and immediately have the problem of trying to find someone new to maintain it.
So you wouldn't have Bale Cavani Allan and Rodriguez in an Everton line up ???

God when will people stop saying this. Like it or not Ancelotti came here because he was running out of options. It wasn't totally fair to him, but he had left Real Madrid, Bayern and Napoli with the board/owners unhappy with him. He came here because we gave him a reasonable chance at success and we were ready to do it. It was unbelievably perfect coming together of circumstances.

So while yes, most people didn't think we would get Carlo there was very good reason for that. And the same is true when they say it about a lot of these players, because the perfect mix is just unlikely to happen.
lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

IF Koubailly is available we will be way down the list of suitors.
PSG,City ,United and others will have the cash to buy him

Lets wait and see. Apparently he may have rejected PSG. United I'm not so sure how well they shift into the new normal with massive cuts to sponsorship and the Glazers in charge, or if he really fancies playing for OGS. City again yes maybe. I mean he doesn't strike me as a classic Pep signing, but if I was Pep he'd be top of my list this summer.

I know United seem to be going hard for him, to seen a lot on City being linked though. If any of those are serious on him he will go there. However if the window drags on and they haven't sold him then you never know. We become an option.

I'll be frank, I think prices start off slower this window and gradually shrink. There may be a full on moment of collapse ah la the oil prices. But either way, the price at the end will be a lot lower than anything we are used too, probably even now in terms of prices, where sellers will try to match players at prices close to what they want.

Brands has shown he's prepared to hang in late into the window, and I think if we can do this again, there will be some real bargains to be had, as sides get really desperate. Like, we need to sell someone or we may go into administration desperate.

Koulibaly to me fits the profile we saw of Zaha last year, of a special talent. Turns 28 late in the summer and would probably need to be a "Moshiri" authorities signing. I didn't agree with it with Zaha, but I'm on board with Koulibaly. If he were to come, you change plans as a manager, you play Holgate in midfield. You go to 3 at the back etc. He's a fantastic bonus.

But yes I digress, if he gets matched early it won't be us, but if there's no resolution and it drags, we probably become quite excited.

United need a partner for Maguire ,none of their options there are convincing
City are in the same boat with Laporte
Stones and Otamendi are back ups at best
Both of those will pay the 80m for Koubailly and while he may not fancy playing for OGS surely he will jump at the chance of playing for Pep
PSG showed with Neymar money talks plus its guaranteed silverware
All 3 have the cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back