Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has storage for oil is actually being paid to take the oil .
Oil is now in negative price territory
Brent is still at 20$ or thereabouts .
So if as you say Usmanov has 80 empty oil tankers he will indeed make a lot of money
Smart cookie

Barcelona is hinting of a clear out.

dembele
Senedo
I read a report that said only 3 or 4 players are safe at Barca
Semedo would be a great signing

Semedo + Arthur for me.

Semedo would probably be the best right back signing we could make and with Gabriel our defence would be 'complete'.

reports are saying that Italian football will not have fans in the grounds until January 21 at the earliest.
This will put a lot of italian clubs at risk of bankruptcy.
I can see a lot of Italian clubs having fire sales especially with their higher paid players .
Surely there are one or two top quality keepers in the Italian league ,Donnorumma or however you spell his name

The reports of Roma wanting Kean to play with his friend Zaniolo are interesting...if the deal was the other way and we were in for Zaniolo :)

Semedo + Arthur for me.

Semedo would probably be the best right back signing we could make and with Gabriel our defence would be 'complete'.

The reports of Roma wanting Kean to play with his friend Zaniolo are interesting...if the deal was the other way and we were in for Zaniolo :)
no Italian club will be spending 30 million on a player for the next 18 months and you can vault me on that

In a recession rich men become even richer
Its the poor that suffer

Very true.

There are bargains to be had when a crisis happens. But you need collateral to capitalise.

The proposed media narrative of such and such billionaire is suffering, is nonsense. Yes one branch or more assets might be struggling, but others under the same holding, will thrive.

It’s going to be fun watching people melt down this summer when we see the effects of the revenue losses and only sign 2 or 3 players.
Folks need to be realistic with what we’ll be able to do, especially given the clubs we’d look to offload players to will be even more cash strapped than we will.

It’s going to be fun watching people melt down this summer when we see the effects of the revenue losses and only sign 2 or 3 players.
Folks need to be realistic with what we’ll be able to do, especially given the clubs we’d look to offload players too will be even more cash strapped than we will.
I honestly don't know what's going to happen. Because teams are going to need to try and sell off assets to survive too. So there might be deals to make as well? It's a giant question mark for me.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen. Because teams are going to need to try and sell off assets to survive too. So there might be deals to make as well? It's a giant question mark for me.
Will be interesting for sure. But I have to assume our ability to spend will be tied to our ability to move on players like Sig and Bolasie. And I can’t see a cash strapped club being willing to take on wages like that so think we’re going to be somewhat stuck.

Will be interesting for sure. But I have to assume our ability to spend will be tied to our ability to move on players like Sig and Bolasie. And I can’t see a cash strapped club being willing to take on wages like that so think we’re going to be somewhat stuck.
I don’t think bolasie is a big deal, obviously it would be great to get his wages off the books, I don’t think a decent transfer fee was ever possible. Rumours Anderlect had a agreement for 4mil.

It could also work in our favour, but that’s a big could. Say we wanted 20/15 mil for Siggurdsson, now we may have to accept less than 10. Witt his wages obviously being a issue.

But we most of our targets being young quality? Players witt price tags ranging from say 30 to 50. All of a sudden that 40mil midfielder, you may now get for 20mil and less wages.

I think we will have money, but still need to shift some wages, which may be hard work.

Anyone who has storage for oil is actually being paid to take the oil .
Oil is now in negative price territory
Brent is still at 20$ or thereabouts .
So if as you say Usmanov has 80 empty oil tankers he will indeed make a lot of money
Goes on to say that he will share the profit with every evertonian registered on GOT by midnight 20th April!!

Folks need to be realistic with what we’ll be able to do, especially given the clubs we’d look to offload players to will be even more cash strapped than we will.

Bit weird that you see your team not being able to strengthen as "fun"

D1F52659-3DE2-4906-A39F-F63776CD63F8.jpegDean jones from the Bleacher report, answering a few questions. Not sure how clued up he is.

It all depends on how long it takes for fans to be allowed back into football grounds.
Clubs in France ,Spain and especially Italy will struggle without gate receipts.
Also it will be interesting to see if sponsorship deals are renegotiated after this calms down
I cant see USM backing out of any of our deals
Clubs as you say could be desperate and will not be haggling over prices

I don't know if you saw what I popped in the Liverpool thread over on the other part of the forum. If that report circulating in the press has even a modicum of truth to it (the one about a club losing £9m per week) all of the top 6 are in big big trouble. For that to be true, a club would have to be losing either all of, or 90+% of their commercial revenue through this crisis. If it hasn't already been standardised, it will be very quickly with every commercial sponsor following suit.

What it says to me, is that sponsors can and will view this as a break in the contract. If they are withholding payment then yes, expect them to be renegotiated if the games are behind closed doors. Expect them to potentially be cancelled if companies feel they are not in a position-post recession to be able to substantiate what will be a huge financial commitment. Negotiated down, or cancelled. I suspect a bit of both, people essentially saying we will break them unless you give us x % off.

The exception will be City. The Sheikh will keep the tap on (unless oils collapse continues) and perhaps Chelsea, but even Chelsea are sponsored by orthodox companies.

I think there will be some attempt to hold prices early. I also think this will not last long and by August who knows where we will be. If you are losing £100m in revenue this quarter (as a cautious estimate) you would imagine most will be looking to gain it back with player trading. As we've seen with oil, too much to sell and not enough buyers leads to one thing, very quickly.

Daniel Cohn Bandit (hero of the May 68 student uprising as it happens) has recently come out and said he puts Mpbappes value at 35-40m Euros. It might be dramatic, but France haven't even been that badly impacted. The canaries in the mine are dying here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back