Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 84223View attachment 84223Dean jones from the Bleacher report, answering a few questions. Not sure how clued up he is.

Absolutely fascinating that. I would add a couple of things. I wonder if people are overstating United and Liverpools spending opportunities. The assumption they are the biggest, richest clubs. I'll be frank, I don't know if either will be looking to spend that much.

As in the property market always bargains to be had in a recession .
Its when the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Unfortunately yes. Recessions also fundamentally re-alter how the world works. What was worthwhile and important yesterday may not be tomorrow.

I know a lot on here, particularly in relation to LFC presume it's written into the stars they will always be at the top. After the last recession (much smaller than this) they collapsed from title challenges, to sitting in the bottom 3 within about 18th months. Bigger, more estalished, more rooted, more establishment companies will fall in this than Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal etc. It doesn't mean they will, but the cards have been thrown up in the air.

Absolutely fascinating that. I would add a couple of things. I wonder if people are overstating United and Liverpools spending opportunities. The assumption they are the biggest, richest clubs. I'll be frank, I don't know if either will be looking to spend that much.
The whole piece is on Twitter. He does mention that Utd’s main targets are Sanco, Grealish, the young lad Bellingham and a CB. That’s a lot of money though.

He also doesn’t think Liverpool will spend big on anyone, they did their big spending a few years ago, probably a squad player, maybe Werner who they could get cheaply

The whole piece is on Twitter. He does mention that Utd’s main targets are Sanco, Grealish, the young lad Bellingham and a CB. That’s a lot of money though.

He also doesn’t think Liverpool will spend big on anyone, they did their big spending a few years ago, probably a squad player, maybe Werner who they could get cheaply

Werner I believe is available at £60m and they may have missed their opportunity on him. As with most deals with clauses in, given the reducing, potentially collapsing market it may not be the deal it was 2 months ago.

It's just a gut feeling, I said about a week ago I didn't think United could buy Kane at the prices stated and I will stick to that. I think they and Liverpool will be under financial pressure.

Coutinho has Spurs on loan written all over him.

Although I would love us to get him - quality player and the Red Echo / RS would be seething

"EEZ A DISGRACE GOIN TO DA BITTERS"

"HOW R DER EVV SIGNING COUTINHO DUSNT FFP APPLY TO DEM??"

@catcherintherye

Last edited:

Daniel Cohn Bandit (hero of the May 68 student uprising as it happens) has recently come out and said he puts Mpbappes value at 35-40m Euros. It might be dramatic, but France haven't even been that badly impacted. The canaries in the mine are dying here though.
[/QUOTE]

PSG don't need to worry about cash as owned by the State of Qatar ;-( Once Paris reopens for tourists in September, their club shops will be full again of customers ;-) Their looking to give Neymar an improved contract this summer to keep him there too ;-( They can avoid to take a hit as have a Capital city with 99% of people living there supporting them ;-( Mbappes was and is great player who is young but was more the opportunity of PSG to show Ligue 1 that its theirs as no one else in France can invest what they can ;-( Lyon always had great academy to form players and Chairman will pimp them out for highest bidder the minute its possible, Monaco and Marseille always screw themselves over ;-( French tv with Bein has seen more income in past few years too and due to Neymar, in USA and South America their games are shown

Got told by a mate who knows someone at United that this is a done deal. I doubt united will buy both him and Grealish.

Am actually pretty chilled out at moment about this summer transfers as at this minute :

We have 5 of 1st team squad out of contract ;-)
Baines only one worthy of 1 yr deal if he at least halfs his salary or otherwise get rid ;-)

5 of u23 squad gone

Sidibe contract loan up so if not signed thats 11 gone ;-)

Coutinho is click bait for redshite fans by papers as desperate to get attention while football off ;-) Barcelona got 8.5 million loan fee off Bayern for him and all his wages paid too so sorry we re not loaning him ;-)

Gabriel looks as all agreed and he wants to come to us ;-)

The nature of football, even if less money next year, clubs will need to risk buying players so we have the likes of Pennington, Besic and Dowell that could be sold to loan clubs as already been talk on said clubs sites and papers interest on both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back