Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah very much so - You would wonder how much those links we coming from the Italian side however rather than genuine links. Definate improvement on what we have but I don't think he is of the quality of the likes of Upemecamo, Van Dyjk & laporte etc.

Yes I agree with that first part.I think Napoli have been looking to move players on for quite a bit. I'd say there was a reluctance for people to pay that big for a guy who's best days are probably behind him now. I said a while ago, the idea that you're getting massive money for guys who are 29+ has gone.

I haven't seen enough of Upemecamo but he's highly though of. There is clearly some question mark that is puttign sides off buying him, though it may just be his age. The games I've seen him, he's up there with Laporte/Van Dijk but his age is a concern especially with the fee they want.

They did similar with Allan last season. Demanded 90m, rejected 65m Euro's from PSG. The in the winter rejected 45m Euro's and have ended uo losing him for around a quarter of the original valuation. You do wonder if a similar process may end up happening with Koulibaly if they are not careful, that he has an underwhelming season and maybe goes for 25-30m next summer

Koubailly is one of the top 5 CB in the world
Up there with Ramos , VVD etc

The question the becomes, why haven't someone gone out and bought him. I can see;
1) His age puts people off
2) Napoli want too much (and potentially are inflexible on the fee structure-so what a lot up top)
3) The different scouting metrics have spotted something in his game that is putting people off.

I suspect we will bring someone in like Todibo and that will be the end of the discussion. However if it gets to Sunday, we've won against Brighton, I can see Moshiri going a bit nuts, Zaha style and saying to Brands to whack in a tempting offer for him. The Allan negotiations seem to have gone smoothly so there is a rapport between the clubs. A lot will depend on how much Napoli need (as opposed to want) to sell.

If we go on around the £50m mark there is a world where it coud happen.

As a slight aside, if we get to January in the top 2-3, does anyone else think Moshiri throws substantial money at it to go for trophies? It seems the exact situation whereby he gets carried away and we bring 3-4 in. I could even see Milik at a nominal fee with his contract nearly up.

I can never tell if these comments are genuine, or they know clubs are sniffing around and make strategic statements like this to maintain a value.
The manager has used him in four of the five games we have played this season.... bring him on for the last few minutes against both Spurs and Palace to help see out games where we were winning by the odd goal.

You do not do this if you don't rate the player and intend moving him on.

Possibly, not saying we won’t just can’t see it. Our AGM did not paint a pretty picture.

I will say this though, and not sure how to sugar coat it, but I am doubtful Moshiri/Usmanov are massively concerned about how the books look. They ***could*** just be using the club to wash money (allegedly) in which case it really doesn't matter.

If you werre inclined to want to clean money, then owning a football club would probably be one of the msot enjoyable and fun ways to do it, particularly if you enjoy football. That doesn't mean they are, and it's not a comment directed at Moshiri, just a general point.

Yes I agree with that first part.I think Napoli have been looking to move players on for quite a bit. I'd say there was a reluctance for people to pay that big for a guy who's best days are probably behind him now. I said a while ago, the idea that you're getting massive money for guys who are 29+ has gone.

I haven't seen enough of Upemecamo but he's highly though of. There is clearly some question mark that is puttign sides off buying him, though it may just be his age. The games I've seen him, he's up there with Laporte/Van Dijk but his age is a concern especially with the fee they want.

They did similar with Allan last season. Demanded 90m, rejected 65m Euro's from PSG. The in the winter rejected 45m Euro's and have ended uo losing him for around a quarter of the original valuation. You do wonder if a similar process may end up happening with Koulibaly if they are not careful, that he has an underwhelming season and maybe goes for 25-30m next summer

It's only my opinion, so take with a pinch of salt, but from what I have seen of him @ Napoli (which is limited) is that everything was engineered to get the best out of the CB's - Strong full backs with a limited brief in terms of attacking massive protection from a deep lying MF two and in general a deep MF protecting a deep lying back 4.

It's a cliche but I would wonder how he copes with slightly higher lines and getting turned

The question the becomes, why haven't someone gone out and bought him. I can see;
1) His age puts people off
2) Napoli want too much (and potentially are inflexible on the fee structure-so what a lot up top)
3) The different scouting metrics have spotted something in his game that is putting people off.

I suspect we will bring someone in like Todibo and that will be the end of the discussion. However if it gets to Sunday, we've won against Brighton, I can see Moshiri going a bit nuts, Zaha style and saying to Brands to whack in a tempting offer for him. The Allan negotiations seem to have gone smoothly so there is a rapport between the clubs. A lot will depend on how much Napoli need (as opposed to want) to sell.

If we go on around the £50m mark there is a world where it coud happen.

As a slight aside, if we get to January in the top 2-3, does anyone else think Moshiri throws substantial money at it to go for trophies? It seems the exact situation whereby he gets carried away and we bring 3-4 in. I could even see Milik at a nominal fee with his contract nearly up.
I think the fact that Napoli always quoted 80-90 m and De Laurentis is a proven nut job put a lot of clubs off
The fact that all those clubs were sniffing around proves he has something about him
As you say though at 29 he has one 5 yr contract left and the 80m quoted is a lot of money over 5 years when added to wages
As you said it depends how much Napoli need to balance the books.
Maybe they feel they can get a suitable if not as good replacement for 20 m and will have to accept less than their previously quoted fee
I can see moves happening in the next week , maybe not us but someone may bite if the price is right
PSG have lost Silva and not replaced him yet and even they are not spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back