Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully an awful lot of high earners will be gone this time next year

There maybe isn't a lot of scope right now, but there should be then

Suppose if there is a big purchase this window now it could be, in theory, offsetted against next year.

whether the players like Besic, Sandro, Bolasie leave now or then, their wages will be off the books come July 2021.

So I suppose it’s the gamble on getting European football. If we don’t get European football, then you factor in a big sale of a player like Rich/DCL - not that I want us to sell,just saying as a method of mitigating the risk

I think the fact that Napoli always quoted 80-90 m and De Laurentis is a proven nut job put a lot of clubs off
The fact that all those clubs were sniffing around proves he has something about him
As you say though at 29 he has one 5 yr contract left and the 80m quoted is a lot of money over 5 years when added to wages
As you said it depends how much Napoli need to balance the books.
Maybe they feel they can get a suitable if not as good replacement for 20 m and will have to accept less than their previously quoted fee
I can see moves happening in the next week , maybe not us but someone may bite if the price is right
PSG have lost Silva and not replaced him yet and even they are not spending

Napoli always fulfilled all of the criteria I would have looked for for a side wanting to move players on. A team without a massiely wealthy owner, with an ageing team and a younger, Italian manager probanly looking to start again. You throw the crisis in, which would have hit the owners primary source of income (film production I believe) and it becomes accelerated.

I think a lot of the comments he has made, while at one level being humourous in the business world appear desperate. The one about people swooping in and stealing their assetts like birds was ridiculous.

Even the Osimhen singing, which surprised me, when you break it down they actually sold 3 or 4 players to Lille for relativly inflated fees as a result. So all ways round, a creative swap deal with inflated values all round, and it gives a bit more context.

I think he is hawking Milik around, following doing the same for Allan and seemingly Koulibaly. For whatever reason there have been nigh biters, at the 72m ish they want.

I don't believe City/United couldn't afford that. But you look at City, they offloaded Ottamendi for 15m, and I am not convinced Napoli would have wanted any part of that deal. I also think, Pep and OGS (more so) probably don't want to work witrh an older player, they both seem to want to improve players of a certain age.

As for Liverpool, I think Klopp would be more open to it, but havign wavered over Thiago's wages all summer, it would be surprising if they want another big earner, on big money at that age of his career (to go alongside Alisson, VVD, Milner, Henderson, Salah, Wijnaldum, AOC, Firmino, Mane etc). I also think with Thiago, they appear to have structured the deal at 5m a year over 4 years in addition to a big settlement of outstanding money at the back end. I doubt Napoli would want that sort of deal, and I am doubtful Liverpool would want to commit to those wages and fee structure. You also have Gomez, who they want to play, and he would stop him.

PSG, who knows? Do they need him? Got to the CL final last year, minimal outlay for a bit and can still walk the French League.

Whether Napoli blink late on, who knows, but an offer of say 45m would put some pressure on, I have no doubt about that.

I am amazed none of the above have gone for him by the way. If City/LIverpool signed him, to me they wrap up the league. If United sign him, they probably move to pushing for the league.

Napoli always fulfilled all of the criteria I would have looked for for a side wanting to move players on. A team without a massiely wealthy owner, with an ageing team and a younger, Italian manager probanly looking to start again. You throw the crisis in, which would have hit the owners primary source of income (film production I believe) and it becomes accelerated.

I think a lot of the comments he has made, while at one level being humourous in the business world appear desperate. The one about people swooping in and stealing their assetts like birds was ridiculous.

Even the Osimhen singing, which surprised me, when you break it down they actually sold 3 or 4 players to Lille for relativly inflated fees as a result. So all ways round, a creative swap deal with inflated values all round, and it gives a bit more context.

I think he is hawking Milik around, following doing the same for Allan and seemingly Koulibaly. For whatever reason there have been nigh biters, at the 72m ish they want.

I don't believe City/United couldn't afford that. But you look at City, they offloaded Ottamendi for 15m, and I am not convinced Napoli would have wanted any part of that deal. I also think, Pep and OGS (more so) probably don't want to work witrh an older player, they both seem to want to improve players of a certain age.

As for Liverpool, I think Klopp would be more open to it, but havign wavered over Thiago's wages all summer, it would be surprising if they want another big earner, on big money at that age of his career (to go alongside Alisson, VVD, Milner, Henderson, Salah, Wijnaldum, AOC, Firmino, Mane etc). I also think with Thiago, they appear to have structured the deal at 5m a year over 4 years in addition to a big settlement of outstanding money at the back end. I doubt Napoli would want that sort of deal, and I am doubtful Liverpool would want to commit to those wages and fee structure. You also have Gomez, who they want to play, and he would stop him.

PSG, who knows? Do they need him? Got to the CL final last year, minimal outlay for a bit and can still walk the French League.

Whether Napoli blink late on, who knows, but an offer of say 45m would put some pressure on, I have no doubt about that.

I am amazed none of the above have gone for him by the way. If City/LIverpool signed him, to me they wrap up the league. If United sign him, they probably move to pushing for the league.

I just want us to make one more big signing - when you look at where we are in the league and the carabao cup you cant help but feel a Zaha/Koulibaly/Bailey would really give us that extra bit between our teeth.

Him and Holgate would be a game changer for us at the back
Mina Keane for rotation and Branthwaite out on loan to a championship team
Allan and Koubailly know each other’s game well
With Allan James and Doucoure at the age they are now it’s vitally important we kick on this season and next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back