Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question the becomes, why haven't someone gone out and bought him. I can see;
1) His age puts people off
2) Napoli want too much (and potentially are inflexible on the fee structure-so what a lot up top)
3) The different scouting metrics have spotted something in his game that is putting people off.

I suspect we will bring someone in like Todibo and that will be the end of the discussion. However if it gets to Sunday, we've won against Brighton, I can see Moshiri going a bit nuts, Zaha style and saying to Brands to whack in a tempting offer for him. The Allan negotiations seem to have gone smoothly so there is a rapport between the clubs. A lot will depend on how much Napoli need (as opposed to want) to sell.

If we go on around the £50m mark there is a world where it coud happen.

As a slight aside, if we get to January in the top 2-3, does anyone else think Moshiri throws substantial money at it to go for trophies? It seems the exact situation whereby he gets carried away and we bring 3-4 in. I could even see Milik at a nominal fee with his contract nearly up.

It would be hilarious if we signed Koulibaly.

For £60+ mil on a 29 year old i cant see that in a million years.

I think @BlueToff mentioning Skriniar is more likely on a loan with option or guaranteed buy for £40mil.

Thats something i think everyone could agree on in terms of quality, age, price and terms of deal.

I just want us to make one more big signing - when you look at where we are in the league and the carabao cup you cant help but feel a Zaha/Koulibaly/Bailey would really give us that extra bit between our teeth.

Would you not put James into that category? Over say a Bailey? I'll be honest, I'm greedy and just want as many good players as possible!

I think @BlueToff mentioning Skriniar is more likely on a loan with option or guaranteed buy for £40mil.

Thats something i think everyone could agree on in terms of quality, age, price and terms of deal.

I think that deal looks pretty hot for Tottenham though?

In what way hilarious re Koulibaly?

I was just about to post about Škriniar
Perfect age, quality CB. Would be a brilliant buy.
And obviously Ancelotti wouid know him well

Would you not put James into that category? Over say a Bailey? I'll be honest, I'm greedy and just want as many good players as possible!

I think how bad we have been its going to take more than just 3 signings to change that factoring in inevitable injuries/suspensions over the season.

We saw how bad Davies and Iwobi were off the bench for Palace I personally feel 1-2 more quality players coming in to really pad out the side gives us a lot more flexibility.

This season is a massive opportunity to do something I hope we dont just go with what we've got because we cant affload the dross. With FFP this season suspended and merged with next we have Walcott, Bolasie, Besic, Sandro & Pennington all out of contract next June - get the players in this window and have a quiet one next summer / sales to make up for the expenditure.

Skriniar(sp) I've not seen anything of him at all, no idea what he's like. But I read he's quite highly rated and younger.

Who am I kidding, I know nothing about Koubilaly except that he's massively rated and Moshiri wanted him 2-3 years ago as well.

Truthfully, if he's that good, that obligation to buy £40m deal with Skriniar and Inter sounds like it would be perfect for us, kicks the can down the road to next year.

Skriniar(sp) I've not seen anything of him at all, no idea what he's like. But I read he's quite highly rated and younger.

Who am I kidding, I know nothing about Koubilaly except that he's massively rated and Moshiri wanted him 2-3 years ago as well.

Truthfully, if he's that good, that obligation to buy £40m deal with Skriniar and Inter sounds like it would be perfect for us, kicks the can down the road to next year.

Are we in any way linked to this guy though?

yeah I mean it’d be unbelievable but can’t see us going in for either of them

Skriniar is dead good. City should have been all over him instead of Dias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back