Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

It isn't a priority BUT if the opportunity to sell him for 10m and sign Fraser for free on less wages was available it doesn't make our squad worse and frees up more cash to spend elsewhere. Which is the original idea I was responding to and still think is reasonable.

I still don't, in a vacuum, want Ryan Fraser to play for Everton.
It is about ambition.
Is Ryan Fraser the level of our ambition.
To replace Bernard or join him in the squad?

This argument is made often, but the same applies to the likes of Iwobi and Gbamin. We are just paying 30 million pound for the privilege of taking on their wage liability in the first place. It's a really bad waste of money.

For me, the likes of Willian on a free is far less risky than paying god knows how much for the likes of Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gbamin etc.

Rooney was already fat and knackered when we got him. Nobody else was actually interested in him. Willian will have options, good options, not Alabama FC options.

Why the hell are you lumping Gbamin in with the likes of them?

It is about ambition.
Is Ryan Fraser the level of our ambition.
To replace Bernard or join him in the squad?
The only scenario I want Fraser is to replace Bernard as that would be a net gain that would keep the squad a similar level. The freed up cash could then be put into actually good players.

The only scenario I want Fraser is to replace Bernard as that would be a net gain that would keep the squad a similar level. The freed up cash could then be put into actually good players.
But, you will have all the costs associated with selling a player and then all the costs in buying a player to end up with arguably an inferior player and some money left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back