Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo was a Brazillian international. He was cack.
Fred (the crap striker one) has like 35 caps. Playing for Brazil in the build up to the 2014 World Cup wasn't exactly hard as they exclusively played friendlies with tons of subs. It proves nothing.

Honestly look at how many England caps Tom Cleverley has. Terrible way of evaluating players.

Fred (the crap striker one) has like 35 caps. Playing for Brazil in the build up to the 2014 World Cup wasn't exactly hard as they exclusively played friendlies with tons of subs. It proves nothing.

Honestly look at how many England caps Tom Cleverley has. Terrible way of evaluating players.

I think it helps when someone has more caps for Brazil than someone else does for Scotland.

DCL was lucky we didn’t sign a top striker. And got his chance, he still needs to improve, to justify he’s good enough for a team that hopefully will challenge for the champions league spots.

Holgate the same, with us not signing Zouma, gave him his chance.

Tom Davies has had plenty though and not took them, so should be moved on imo.
I agree on Davies but the key is he's played enough for us to actually make that choice.

DCL is borderline CL level right now. He's at least as good as Abraham for example whose team is likely to play CL football. He's the least of our issues and the idea that is still floated that we need a striker is off base.

Remember Davies is 2 years younget than Holgate and DCL.

They didnt come alive really until this season so i think its worth keeping him in the squad...homegrown player etc.

Otherwise id send him on loan...no need to sell.

I reckon if I can get more caps for 3rd ranked in the world Brazil than Scotland (50th) I'm a better player.
Jo has 20 caps for Brazil and went to a world cup. Maybe you should use the word “typically” so people know you don’t mean always...Outliers and whatnot ;)

Jo has 20 caps for Brazil and went to a world cup. Maybe you should use the word “typically” so people know you don’t mean always...Outliers and whatnot ;)
Jo is still a lot better than say Gary Mackay-Steven or Chris Iwelumo though isn't he? So it actually strengthens the point rather than weakens it. Getting 20 caps for Brazil doesn't mean you're great, but it probably means you're better than someone who got half a dozen caps for Scotland.

Jo is still a lot better than say Gary Mackay-Steven or Chris Iwelumo though isn't he? So it actually strengthens the point rather than weakens it. Getting 20 caps for Brazil doesn't mean you're great, but it probably means you're better than someone who got half a dozen caps for Scotland.
Not really. It shows that a player who was crap in the prem can still get a lot of caps for a country like Brazil. Fraser only has 11 caps for Scotland but has produced far more than Jo ever did.

No that’s not advocating we sign Fraser, but I’m pointing out international caps don’t always mean something. Generally I agree with the point. But using at as an absolute is flawed, just like almost everything else.

I reckon if I can get more caps for 3rd ranked in the world Brazil than Scotland (50th) I'm a better player.
This "Bernard played for Brazil so he's good" thing is so laughable it hurts my head. He's played 14 times, starting 4. Of the 4 starts he's lasted 90 minutes once. Do you know what time that once was? The 7-1 semi-final.

Bernard played for Brazil because Brazil takes an interest in getting budding young talents into the squad to develop. He didn't reach his potential. He hasn't played in 6 years and he won't ever again because of it. It's the same role that Everton Soares filled at the last Copa America and like Bernard if he doesn't find a way to get himself to a better league soon he will also find his national team career stalled.

Fraser's cap total for Scotland is admittedly questionable, but so is basically everything about how Scotland runs their national team over the last decade. But I imagine this ridiculous line of reasoning will end about 6 months from the resumption of football as Fraser would probably feature for Scotland a few more times and overtake Bernard's legendary total.

I don't even want to argue this anymore. They're both average at best players. Let's just leave it there.

They didnt come alive really until this season so i think its worth keeping him in the squad...homegrown player etc.

But he made his debut 4yrs ago, hasn’t kicked on.
Also he hasn’t really got a top class trait. Like
Scores goals, great passer. Strong and powerful. Or Brilliant defensive midfielder.

He just very bang average. And I can’t see him ever playing at a high level

A loan to Germany would be perfect for Tom. Holgate was similar to him in lots of ways at his age, did lots of things well but made mistakes. Needed to fill out a little bit, get stronger and cut the mistakes out.

A loan to Germany would be perfect. He's needs to grow a bit though Tom, he's probably 5 ft 11 but doesn't impose himself on the game enough for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back