Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a saying mate. He's not going to point a gun at Brands head

Yeah, I get that mate. Just get the impression people are saying 'we have to' because it's the only market available to us.

He'd cost big money, and I'd hope we'd only buy him, if we'd be happy to buy him in a transfer window proper when buying from the lower leagues wasn't our only option.

My thought is Kean unless his attitude changes we may have laid him to rest and need to move on. I do hope he does well but he looks very rough around the edges when coming on for us and void of ideas. Also, his father had a strange comment the game was just to complicated for him in the Premier League. What do you make of that?
The whole situation with Kean is strange.
Loaning him to PSG was not what CA wanted to do in my opinion, I think it may have been forced on him by Kean , his agent and/or family.
The fact that there is no mention of a purchase agreement with PSG is even stranger as it really doesn't give them a great incentive to use the player on a regular basis.

I think his demeanour in the cup games he played this season certainly would make me worry about his attitude and desire to be anywhere except Liverpool.

Yeah, I get that mate. Just get the impression people are saying 'we have to' because it's the only market available to us.

He'd cost big money, and I'd hope we'd only buy him, if we'd be happy to buy him in a transfer window proper when buying from the lower leagues wasn't our only option.
Yeah ok.

I personally think we have to buy him as I think he's brilliant and with the right coaching can be world class.

If we bought him on the first day of the window I'd have been made up

The whole situation with Kean is strange.
Loaning him to PSG was not what CA wanted to do in my opinion, I think it may have been forced on him by Kean , his agent and/or family.
The fact that there is no mention of a purchase agreement with PSG is even stranger as it really doesn't give them a great incentive to use the player on a regular basis.

I think his demeanour in the cup games he played this season certainly would make me worry about his attitude and desire to be anywhere except Liverpool.
I agree he wasn't enjoying himself that was plain. I wonder if practices were not up to par either and finally Carlo had to relinquish that he would be a asset to us with his middle of the road performances. I believe the speed and ability of the EPL was to much for him.

Need a striker would love Deeney or Adam Armstrong get it done Carlo.
giphy.gif

The Red Echo reporting ref. transfers from EFL. We are keeping our options open with a week to go but will be concentrating on getting players out such as Besic, Bolassie, Callum Connolly, Matty Pennington, Nathan Broadhead and Beni Baningime.
No news there then

If we buy someone we have to be certain that they’re going to contribute otherwise it’s wasted money and wages over a long period that we can’t afford. The only other option is to loan, and what championship club is going to give us a good player on loan? The third option is then to use the options in the squad until January, DCL Richarlison Tosun Simms for one central striking position. It’s really not that bad. Everyone can play the whole ‘but what if x player gets a long term injury’ sadly whoever we get in isn’t going to cover a long term injury to anyone. If any of the first 11 get a long term injury we’re pretty much screwed in any position except centreback once Holgate is back. Any club would be though. If Salah does his ACL tomorrow then Liverpool are done. City have two strikers on their books both currently injured. If United get an injury to Rashford or Greenwood they are into James and Lingard. If Vardy drops for Leicester they’re finished, same as Watkins for Villa, same as Jiminez for Wolves, you can’t build a squad on ‘what if someone gets an injury’ thinking. If we want to do anything this season we need a clean bill of health.

So I'm completely wrong. Last Everton player to get a hat trick against them was Dixie in September '31 - 89 years ago.

Three EFC players have got hat tricks against them: Sandy Young actually got 4 in 1904, B Parker in 1914, Dixie in February '28 & Dixie again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back