Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours today that Gabriel is still on + James happening...

Would james play on the right if he joined + if he did what type of right back would be behind him...

Attack or defence minded?

If James comes, I suspect Ancelotti builds the team around him.

because he’s on triple that now
Even if the pandemic had never happened James was going to have to take a massive haircut in his wages.
I would guess that he was going to drop 100k per week before and probably even more now.

It is an upmarket version of the problem we have with our highly paid players , who can afford to take them ?
I think that Bolasie and Sandro are reportedly on 100k per week or thereabouts, they will be very lucky if they get a new contract on half that.

James Rodriques is obviously a much better player, but then the number of clubs that he will be prepared to go to will be very limited.
If he is considering Everton(if we are chasing his signature) it is completely down to our manager.

Up front is sorted lads:

Kinda need help elsewhere though...

Eez a dirty rat dis Gabriel lad isnt he.

My source said talks were progressing very well so if it doesnt happen blame penny pinching Brands - his daft negotiating saw us landed with Iwobi and scrambling around last minute for Rojo and Smalling.

Some know nothing bobble head on Twitter doesn’t count as a ‘source’ mate.

Yes. My point would be, he won't be on triple that once the wage reductions are factored in. And if he wants a new long term deal, he will not be getting paid anything near what he is on now. That would have been the case before this virus.
Unless he had some kind of Covid clause to reduce his salary he has a contract. They can't just cut his wages. He'd be better off going on loan, keeping his salary (even if it's split between employer's), and leaving on a free later when a big signing on fee would be available. There is no need to take a huge paycut now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back