Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of that is stats?

No, what I'm saying is it is a bad way of looking at it. Everyone has bad games, but even Sidibe's good games he struggles to position himself defensively. It's better to look at it as a whole than to say "Well Sidibe lost his man repeatedly against Arsenal so we shouldn't sign him."

All I’m saying is the other poster said Sidibe should be nowhere near our team because he regularly pulls out 0/10 performances and you said that should be applied to Gomes too.

Just wanted to reiterate what a freak yanks can be with soccer.

Without getting into arbitrary numeric values he was genuinely terrible against Fulham at the end of last year (and should have been sent off because he couldn't hold his temper) and Villa away this year. Go check the match threads if you don't believe me.

And I know there are other examples. I just don't feel like thinking about it.

Gomes is obviously a big part of our team because we've seen the drop off without him, but ultimately he isn't playing for a CL team because in a given set of 10 games he plays fine in 7, has 1 or 2 belters, and is woeful in the others.

Gomes was absolutely atrocious against Villa but I dont remember any other performances that poor. The whole team were a shambles that night too.

All I’m saying is the other poster said Sidibe should be nowhere near our team because he regularly pulls out 0/10 performances and you said that should be applied to Gomes too.

Just wanted to reiterate what a freak yanks can be with soccer.
I wont have you coming at Andre.
I like Andre too.

I just wanted to point out that while "He has bad games so he's bad" seems like sound logic, the having bad games part applies to almost everyone, including some of the better players in the squad.

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_221903.webp
    IMG_20200229_221903.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back