Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you not watched this season, while we where poor under silva we improved under Ferguson and then Ancelotti, throw in injuries and some bad VAR decisions going against us, we aren’t a that far behind a few of the big 6. And I know we are 12th but it’s quite bunched up.

Abd while we don’t know what we will spend this summer, there’s a good chance Arsenal abd spurs won’t spend much. Arsenal have been poor. Spurs now have a negative manger. And there best player injury prone. I actually think with good recruitment and luck going are way, we could easily challenge for a top 6 place next season
I feel like good luck should get us where Leicester got to this season with good luck, not maybe into the top 6.

Arsenal and Chelsea away showed how big the gap still is. Chelsea we weren't playing the same sport and Arsenal we relied on our two big time players and set pieces to compete. And still lost. This squad isn't a CL squad with any manager and frankly very few if any of our teams have been this decade. That isn't changing with the same old same old and as much as people seem to think we've had a strategy of buying young, the spending on Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Tosun and whoever else clearly shows differently.

Ancelotti is clearly very good at what he does, but I don't think he's a miracle worker, and that is what it will take to compete with City and the RS (and potentially Chelsea or United if they ever get it right) if we try to only sign players that are at 100% of their ability when we sign them. We have to develop and if Moshiri is going to go away from that every time something shiny can be bought we will fail.

Or they can come up with a system that values abilities in players that other teams don't and takes advantage of that. But that is also going to be hard to do with a manager who has been following a pretty normal set of principles for two decades.

But simply saying we are going to buy better players is so far from reality that we might as well be playing Football Manager. It won't happen.
It won’t happen, ha ha go to sleep pal, like you know this for certain.

Well I’ve listened to 2 podcasts over the last few months. Neither Everton linked One had a football financial expert. And another one was a transfer pod. Both mentioned Everton and Usmanov. Abd that we have big money to spend, but FFP is stopping us from spending.

So why you still think Kenwright is running the club I will think the opposite, my glass is half full mate.

You don’t hire Ancelotti abd don’t give him money. He wouldn’t be our manager now, unless he had reassurances about finances. Like he’s taking over a team in the relegation zone with no money to spend.

I bet you were one of those saying Ancelotti won’t come to Everton, we will end up with Moyes or Howe

Well I’ve listened to 2 podcasts over the last few months. Neither Everton linked One had a football financial expert. And another one was a transfer pod. Both mentioned Everton and Usmanov. Abd that we have big money to spend, but FFP is stopping us from spending.

So why you still think Kenwright is running the club I will think the opposite, my glass is half full mate.

You don’t hire Ancelotti abd don’t give him money. He wouldn’t be our manager now, unless he had reassurances about finances. Like he’s taking over a team in the relegation zone with no money to spend.

I bet you were one of those saying Ancelotti won’t come to Everton, we will end up with Moyes or Howe

The big Iguana is starting to sound more like a kopite the more he posts recently.

Is the mask starting to slip?

I feel like good luck should get us where Leicester got to this season with good luck, not maybe into the top 6.

Arsenal and Chelsea away showed how big the gap still is. Chelsea we weren't playing the same sport and Arsenal we relied on our two big time players and set pieces to compete. And still lost. This squad isn't a CL squad with any manager and frankly very few if any of our teams have been this decade. That isn't changing with the same old same old and as much as people seem to think we've had a strategy of buying young, the spending on Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Tosun and whoever else clearly shows differently.
Them four were bought under a different regime.
Abd your talking about transfers from over 2 and a half years ago abd 3 years for siggurdsson and Schneiderlin

Everyone of brands’s buys, have been under 26. Apart from Delph, who was cheap( it hasn’t worked abd I didn’t want him) and a keeper on a free.

Chelsea we’re crap. But Arsenal we had a lot more attempts at goal and more shots on target. And same amount of possession, considering we were relying on set pieces. We definitely deserved something out of that game.

And looking at the starting 11 only 5/6 at the most will be anywhere near the team next season.

We've spent the better part of 30 years trying to regain glory by buying our way there without any sort of rhyme or reason to it. Yeah I'm pretty confident it isn't going to work now that the financial gap is bigger than it has ever been.

And I'm not saying we don't have money, I am saying that spending it on 29 year olds isn't the right thing to do. I trust that we will spend every summer, but it won't matter because we can't spend what City and the RS do unless we have a direction we are heading with it. Buy proven talent is not a direction, it is what everyone wants to do.

We've spent the better part of 30 years trying to regain glory by buying our way there without any sort of rhyme or reason to it. Yeah I'm pretty confident it isn't going to work now that the financial gap is bigger than it has ever been.
I think that guys right you’re sounding like a kopite.

Any Everton fan will tell you that for the best part of nearly 20yrs under Kenwright we didn’t have a penny, so I don’t know when we were trying to buy our way there under his leadership, maybe you could explain that one

We've never actually done a steady progress plan. At least not with money. We might have done under Moyes but it doesn't really matter what you do when you go entire seasons without a permanent signing.

The idea that we are going to go out and buy enough "proven quality players" to compete with any of the "Big 6" is a fantasy. There simply aren't enough of them out there who aren't already on clubs better than us or who don't think that they should be on one of them. The pool who will sign for us is too small.

Think about how many of those signings we've made in the last ten years who weren't on their last legs (so not Barry or Eto'o). I'll count Lukaku, but he was young and that changed the perception of him for other clubs. Digne probably counts. Any others? I'm not sure exactly how you can make a top squad at that rate.

And think about the ones who were supposed to fit into that category but failed. Klaassen for example was in this group. Sigurdsson probably too. Delph. It's a losing plan.

I'm not saying that we need to go out and buy Werner, Koulibally and Mbappe all at once. But Allan and Rabiot would probably cost less than Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin did, and they aren't eternally long 'projects' that cost a bomb but don't make the grade like Iwobi and Kean. They are players of such pedigree that you would expect them to hit the ground running

Our defence isn't bad, our strikers are good, our central midfield is absolutely awful, ultra wank of the highest degree!

Obtaining two quality central midfielders like Allan and Rabiot would transform our side under Carlo Ancelotti, and we would be more than capable of battling it out with Brendon Rodgers' Leicester City for third place if we were to strengthen with this level of midfield quality.

I don't agree that Klassen, Sigurdsson, and Delph were anywhere near the same category of class as Allan and Rabiot. I think Allan and Rabiot are genuine CL quality, whereas Klassen, Sigurdsson and Delph put together aren't even as good as Lee Carsley and Thomas Graveson as a pair.

And I'm not saying we don't have money, I am saying that spending it on 29 year olds isn't the right thing to do. I trust that we will spend every summer, but it won't matter because we can't spend what City and the RS do unless we have a direction we are heading with it. Buy proven talent is not a direction, it is what everyone wants to do.
The Reds have spent big because of some big sales and obviously some success in the last few years. The first 5/6 years under FSG they hardly spent.

Also rumours they won’t be spending this summer, because of this crisis. Which could also be the same for Arsenal & Spurs, this maybe a great opportunity for us, if they drop ffp abd Usmanov is involved at the club

I agree with him about us spending alot of money it wont solve are problems, but hopefully this time we can spend it correctly with hopefully 3 big signings at cb cm and rm with sales and if we could get rodriguez for a cheaper price is the type of deal we should be looking at

I agree with him about us spending alot of money it wont solve are problems, but hopefully this time we can spend it correctly with hopefully 3 big signings at cb cm and rm with sales and if we could get rodriguez for a cheaper price is the type of deal we should be looking at
So it could solve our problems

I'm off to bed, but my point isn't to just go out and spend loads of money. It's to go out and buy some bloody quality for once!

I'd rather pay 25 million for a 29 year old that will provide a quality two or three years, than pay 30 million on some unestablished wannabe that takes two years to 'settle in' before we eventually accept that he's nowhere near as good as Lee Carsley, and we end up binning him off for a loss, or he leaves on a free, after we have paid his exorbitant wages for 4 years.

So it could solve our problems
I'm off to bed, but my point isn't to just go out and spend loads of money. It's to go out and buy some bloody quality for once!

I'd rather pay 25 million for a 29 year old that will provide a quality two or three years, than pay 30 million on some unestablished wannabe that takes two years to 'settle in' before we eventually accept that he's nowhere near as good as Lee Carsley, and we end up binning him off for a loss, or he leaves on a free, after we have paid his exorbitant wages for 4 years.
Agree with you both if we can get the for that price and improve the first 11 be crazy not to i just dont want us to go like sig again where we didnt have a plan b and over paid when we should have walked away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back