Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with him about us spending alot of money it wont solve are problems, but hopefully this time we can spend it correctly with hopefully 3 big signings at cb cm and rm with sales and if we could get rodriguez for a cheaper price is the type of deal we should be looking at
All the successful clubs in this country spend money, apart from the odd freak season like Leicester. It’s the only way you can compete.

It’s all about the recruitment. Brands has done an ok/good job so far imo. Still a few question marks. Unfortunately we will struggle to sign top class players at the perfect age 25/27 until you have a bit of success or quality for the champions league. Hopefully Ancelotti might help that.

So it’s basically young players who are always a gamble and need time or players at the wrong age.

2 top class players we could attract at the right age. Rabiot & depay, both have had big off field issues and most top clubs wouldn’t touch

I think that guys right you’re sounding like a kopite.

Any Everton fan will tell you that for the best part of nearly 20yrs under Kenwright we didn’t have a penny, so I don’t know when we were trying to buy our way there under his leadership, maybe you could explain that one
I'm genuinely not familiar with all the details of the 90s and early 2000s so maybe you can tell me what our strategy was for trying to build a team at that point. What I see is signings like Gascoigne and Paul Hughes and think we were trying to do the same thing we were doing now just the scale was to stay up and not to compete at the top.

Havent really seen rabiot would he be a similar player to gomes or could the both play together in 2 at cm agree about depay would definately bring some goals if he come here

I'm genuinely not familiar with all the details of the 90s and early 2000s so maybe you can tell me what our strategy was for trying to build a team at that point. What I see is signings like Gascoigne and Paul Hughes and think we were trying to do the same thing we were doing now just the scale was to stay up and not to compete at the top.
If you can’t see a different strategy now compared to late 90’s and 2000’s then I give up.
Abd I think you mean Stephen Hughes.

Walter Smith a poor manager, very negative at times. He had money his first summer and bought some good players, who he was then forced to sell and then he just bought loads of old players and sold the young ones, was always ending badly.

But under Kenwright, I think it was like 17yrars he was in charge. I would bet our dept on spending was 20mil at the most. So I don’t really now how you compete spending 1mil a season.

I think the strategy under Kenwright was purely stay in the league, he just got lucky that Moyes has us punching above our weight.

Moshiri wants success, he’s made mistakes. But looks to be learning from them, we would never have attracted a manger of Ancelotti’s calibre under Kenwright

Havent really seen rabiot would he be a similar player to gomes or could the both play together in 2 at cm agree about depay would definately bring some goals if he come here
I haven’t seen loads of him either, think he more defensive than Gomes and is comfortable playing infront of the back 4. One issue I read that he can be lazy.

Maybe that was towards the end of his PSG days as it seemed he hadn’t fallen out with the manager .

I'm not saying that we need to go out and buy Werner, Koulibally and Mbappe all at once. But Allan and Rabiot would probably cost less than Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin did, and they aren't eternally long 'projects' that cost a bomb but don't make the grade like Iwobi and Kean. They are players of such pedigree that you would expect them to hit the ground running

Our defence isn't bad, our strikers are good, our central midfield is absolutely awful, ultra wank of the highest degree!

Obtaining two quality central midfielders like Allan and Rabiot would transform our side under Carlo Ancelotti, and we would be more than capable of battling it out with Brendon Rodgers' Leicester City for third place if we were to strengthen with this level of midfield quality.

I don't agree that Klassen, Sigurdsson, and Delph were anywhere near the same category of class as Allan and Rabiot. I think Allan and Rabiot are genuine CL quality, whereas Klassen, Sigurdsson and Delph put together aren't even as good as Lee Carsley and Thomas Graveson as a pair.
For me, Rabiot and Allan are completely different categories of signings. I know they play the same position at a similar level, but Rabiot is a sensible signing while Allan is just a bad idea imo. So while I agree they would make us better short term, I don't think signing both is the right move.

Rabiot I can get behind only because I think he's been underutilized due to his attitude. Yes that is a red flag, but it is the kind of thing we should take a shot at because it could pay off with a talented player above what we could usually get. At 25 he's also got enough years that we don't have to take a Bolasie level loss to move him in 3 years if that's what it needs to be.

It isn't that Klaassen and Delph are the same class as much as it is that the idea was the same. We could bring those guys in and have them play immediately. A lot of our signings think that way and it is why a lot of them don't pan out. When we don't we end up with Richarlison and DCL.

I'm not as bullish on our squad as others are. Apparently that now makes me a kopite, but I don't think the backline is adequate at all right now, I agree on the midfield and as a bonus I also think are creative players are far from good enough. Richarlison and DCL have done so much of the work since Carlo took over that it is making Walcott look decent and I think we are in agreement that we can do better. We don't have a RB, Holgate and Mina aren't conceding less goals than Keane and Mina were and Digne is very much better in possession than without the ball.

All this to say I don't think one window puts our squad with Leicester, especially because Leicester have been rebuilding their squad since Kante and Mahrez left. They saw it as a project to be measured in years and are benefiting big time from that foresight.

If you can’t see a different strategy now compared to late 90’s and 2000’s then I give up.
Abd I think you mean Stephen Hughes.

Walter Smith a poor manager, very negative at times. He had money his first summer and bought some good players, who he was then forced to sell and then he just bought loads of old players and sold the young ones, was always ending badly.

But under Kenwright, I think it was like 17yrars he was in charge. I would bet our dept on spending was 20mil at the most. So I don’t really now how you compete spending 1mil a season.

I think the strategy under Kenwright was purely stay in the league, he just got lucky that Moyes has us punching above our weight.

Moshiri wants success, he’s made mistakes. But looks to be learning from them, we would never have attracted a manger of Ancelotti’s calibre under Kenwright
For me the chief Moshiri mistake is thinking we are one move away from success, and Ancelotti (who was absolutely the right appointment and it is amazing we have him) still seems to be in that line of thinking. It just can't happen overnight and we seem to keep acting like it might.

For me the chief Moshiri mistake is thinking we are one move away from success, and Ancelotti (who was absolutely the right appointment and it is amazing we have him) still seems to be in that line of thinking. It just can't happen overnight and we seem to keep acting like it might.
No it can’t happen over night, but with good signings abd a bit of luck we can finish top 6 next season. And with city’s ban 5th will get you champions league. You mentioned Leicester, who after winning league had finished below us the next 3 seasons.

But some of their young players have had really good season and improved, but like I mentioned before luck played a part. Abd they had virtually no injuries all season, same 11 week in week out, Wolves have been the same for 2 seasons.

Also Leicester had started to have dip in form prior to lockdown. And the last game they lost pereira who’s a great player, for a few months and Maddison fir a few weeks according to reports. So they have dip in form abd lose 2 of Their best players abd the league stops.

If we get the recruitment right abd luck goes our way. We could easily finish above Leicester and wolves next season.

No it can’t happen over night, but with good signings abd a bit of luck we can finish top 6 next season. And with city’s ban 5th will get you champions league. You mentioned Leicester, who after winning league had finished below us the next 3 seasons.

But some of their young players have had really good season and improved, but like I mentioned before luck played a part. Abd they had virtually no injuries all season, same 11 week in week out, Wolves have been the same for 2 seasons.

Also Leicester had started to have dip in form prior to lockdown. And the last game they lost pereira who’s a great player, for a few months and Maddison fir a few weeks according to reports. So they have dip in form abd lose 2 of Their best players abd the league stops.

If we get the recruitment right abd luck goes our way. We could easily finish above Leicester and wolves next season.
This is the most important part of what you've said and the key to Leicester. Vardy is a big help, but he's one that they let develop too. There are very few players in the Leicester team who were the same level player when they signed as they are now. That's what Everton need to look at.

How rich do you think we are?

I didn't quote prices, but it's likely that prices will be depressed this summer, could we pick them up for £15m each?

For me midfield is by far our weakest area, sign those three and it's arguably one of our strongest.

I'd stick with our current front three so nothing spent there.

In defence we need a RB, Coleman won't be leaving and I'd leave JJK at Gasprom for another year, I reckon we'll go for a young English player, Brands was reportedly interested in Jayden Bogle from Derby last summer since then we've taken their head of recruitment, so could see us going back in for one of the players he brought through, probably not too expensive, £10m maybe?

We need a CB, Gabriel and Todibo are both linked, Gabriel was original being discussed at £30m but it looks like we're trying to renegotiate the price, Todibo being reported at £17-20m.

Not sure what we'll do with the Keeper, probably stick with Pickford for another year.

What's that then? about £75 m total which could be paid possibly over the length of the contracts rather than upfront, that's before sales, it would be our lowest outlay since Mosh took over.

From a sales point of view I keep hearing that player values have reduced by 30%, so from an FFP point of view we may be able to reduce the amotised value of the players we want rid of by 30% which should help shift then.

I think we're quite rich but I don't think the above is too excessive, 5 players in for circa £75m is feasible, we'd need £15m in sales to balance the books for FFP if we pay the fees over 5 years.

I didn't quote prices, but it's likely that prices will be depressed this summer, could we pick them up for £15m each?

For me midfield is by far our weakest area, sign those three and it's arguably one of our strongest.

I'd stick with our current front three so nothing spent there.

In defence we need a RB, Coleman won't be leaving and I'd leave JJK at Gasprom for another year, I reckon we'll go for a young English player, Brands was reportedly interested in Jayden Bogle from Derby last summer since then we've taken their head of recruitment, so could see us going back in for one of the players he brought through, probably not too expensive, £10m maybe?

We need a CB, Gabriel and Todibo are both linked, Gabriel was original being discussed at £30m but it looks like we're trying to renegotiate the price, Todibo being reported at £17-20m.

Not sure what we'll do with the Keeper, probably stick with Pickford for another year.

What's that then? about £75 m total which could be paid possibly over the length of the contracts rather than upfront, that's before sales, it would be our lowest outlay since Mosh took over.

From a sales point of view I keep hearing that player values have reduced by 30%, so from an FFP point of view we may be able to reduce the amotised value of the players we want rid of by 30% which should help shift then.

I think we're quite rich but I don't think the above is too excessive, 5 players in for circa £75m is feasible, we'd need £15m in sales to balance the books for FFP if we pay the fees over 5 years.

It's not going to be a case that normally we have £100m to spend and that gets us two players and now we have £100m to spend and it gets us 5.

We won't have £100m to spend at all IMO.

It's not going to be a case that normally we have £100m to spend and that gets us two players and now we have £100m to spend and it gets us 5.

We won't have £100m to spend at all IMO.

I think selling clubs will have to agree to payment terms over time more now so we don't need a hugh upfront payout. I also think its possible that a couple of hardballing billionaires might see this as an opportunity to make some gains on the club's above us.

I think selling clubs will have to agree to payment terms over time more now so we don't need a hugh upfront payout. I also think its possible that a couple of hardballing billionaires might see this as an opportunity to make some gains on the club's above us.

Or clubs will think "actually might be able to keep my players now"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back