Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top 6 are so far ahead of us commercially it’s going to be difficult to bridge the gap. We don’t have european football either so there is only a ceiling as to what we earn commercially. We are lucky to have Usmanov with his sponsership of Finch Farm and more then likely sponsership of the shirt. However it is only when we get to Bramley Moore were will we increase our commercial income significantly.

In truth though, that commercial revenue now ceases to exist for a number of months, and for the next year it 2 will be greatly down. How far it recovers we are bit sure. Suffice to say, it could be a number of years until the current state of play is returned too.

It's also worth noting, that with sponsors theres also no guarantee they all just flock back following the same behaviour patterns. They may sponsor different teams as the league looks quite different.

So we are behind, but theres a big opportunity.

What I will say about Allan is every time I’ve seen him play mainly against them lot he’s been action packed and isn’t scared to put his foot in and he’s adept at getting out of sticky situation either via pure skill or the ability to win a foul.

Football Insider:

Bolasie £3mil + Schneiderlin £5mil both made available for transfer
It’s definitely a buyers market, it’s just, have we got the funds? . Only probably Keane & siggurdsson would have generated any decent money as it is.

Say we wanted 15mil for Schneiderlin last summer and Napoli wanted 50mil for Allan. Now if it’s 5 and 20. We are better off.

Even just getting their wages off the books help us out.

My feelings on this would also be, if the league(s) end up getting cancelled across Europe I find it very hard that a wage reduction isn't starting to be discussed. Worst case scenario for us, that would be, maybe your Schneiderlins and Bolasie's lose 30% of their wage. I presume Scheniderlin is on 90k, maybe Biolasie 110k. That take them down to 65k and 75k respectively. With a nominal fee attached, maybe European sides feel they might be worth say, 50k per week on a 3 year deal, and suddenly that looks more enticing than just sitting out the contract? Thats the hope.

Best case scenario would be the reduction may be higher, and clubs have the option to renegotiate the contract of players following that deferral, but players also have the right to rip up the contract and walk away. It may be the option to reduce up to 50% may get negotiated, or even that clubs can selectively end contracts (particularly ones with 1-2 years to run) with no fee attached. All of those slightly differ and the more radical end of what could happen but are increasingly looking possible to me.

If you want to receive money for selling dead wood, it's a very bad market. Those clubs who have built a model on fleecing people for poor players will lose out, as you will have to give them away. However we may end up just being able to terminate agreements, and I'm sure we would.

That's collectively 8 million too much
I would guess that it will cost us that much to get them off of our books in bonuses as neither has looked for a transfer.
If the players want to move and play football they can write off the bonus in which case the transfer fee will be eliminated and allow then to get a better salary on a longer contract.

I think the club may be happy to get no fee just as long as they don't have to pay them to leave.

Even just getting their wages off the books help us out.

Exactly, and it's the most likely outcome imo. Any loan of any sort for Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Sandro and Besic means that we will be saying goodbye to them forever this summer! Martina, Niasse and Stekelenburg are all out of contract as well.

Far from being lumbered with tonnes of deadwood, we are actually likely to get rid of most of it this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back