Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is news today that Zouma is available for £25m, us and Tottenham are credited with an interest in him. I would be surprised if Chelsea wanted to sell, he has played 33 times for them in all competitions so far and he still has 3 years on his current Chelsea contract. If they do I think we should be in for him, he was very good during his loan period and that sort of money for a premier league experienced defender is not bad at all.

No thank you.

There is news today that Zouma is available for £25m, us and Tottenham are credited with an interest in him. I would be surprised if Chelsea wanted to sell, he has played 33 times for them in all competitions so far and he still has 3 years on his current Chelsea contract. If they do I think we should be in for him, he was very good during his loan period and that sort of money for a premier league experienced defender is not bad at all.

I'm over Zouma. I was a big fan of his but don't like the way it would look if we signed him now. Didn't we already sign a CB and have him complete a medical etc Gabriel or something?

All over that. He was fantastic during the second half of last season. Players take a while to settle, particularly defenders and he's been shipped around clubs for the past 3 years or so.

I'd go for a loan with option to buy for sure. Leaves more money for RB, CM and RM.

All over that. He was fantastic during the second half of last season. Players take a while to settle, particularly defenders and he's been shipped around clubs for the past 3 years or so.

I'd go for a loan with option to buy for sure. Leaves more money for RB, CM and RM.

Loan with an option to buy for £15m would be okay, but i do think we need a really spectacular centre back to go with what we've got. He's just at the same sort of level as what we have atm and we would go nowhere fast with him. We'd just be going around in circles for the next five years with signings like this as our first choices

Our team lacks midfield ball winners, consistent CBs, a RB who can both defend and pass and consistent creative players. If we brought in four 20 year olds who could do these things at a high level we would be way better and still not have experience.
A consistent CB at 20 that we can afford is a tall ask.

A consistent CB at 20 that we can afford is a tall ask.
It was just supposed to be an example. I don't expect that to be possible nor do I want us to even try it. The idea was simply that experience is nice but good players are good players and we should be interested in trying to sign them before other teams realize they're good otherwise we most often won't be signing them at all.

I’m not sure about Zouma, he’s right footed and I don’t think he’s that great on the ball, I still think we will target a left footer.

On a separate point and this is for everyone, with the rumours of Chelsea and city wanting chilwell, if one of them came in for Digne at 55mil say. Would you sell? I personally would I know it would mean us buying a RB, CB and now a LB, but I think it would go a big way to sorting out ffp and letting us spend this summer.

I’m not sure about Zouma, he’s right footed and I don’t think he’s that great on the ball, I still think we will target a left footer.

On a separate point and this is for everyone, with the rumours of Chelsea and city wanting chilwell, if one of them came in for Digne at 55mil say. Would you sell? I personally would I know it would mean us buying a RB, CB and now a LB, but I think it would go a big way to sorting out ffp and letting us spend this summer.

Not for me. Digne in the Richarlison bracket if he’s really taken to the place. He will thrive a lot more consistently when we have some midfielders who have legs, along with a competent CB or two.

Be like chopping replacing our right hand by chopping off the left.

Not for me. Digne in the Richarlison bracket if he’s really taken to the place. He will thrive a lot more consistently when we have some midfielders who have legs, along with a competent CB or two.

Be like chopping replacing our right hand by chopping off the left.
Definitely not at Richarlison’s level and hasn’t been as good this season, I still think he’s a little suspect defensively.

I don’t expect many to agree with me. And all things Being equal I wouldn’t sell, was just thinking if money is tight this summer and If someone came in with a big offer.

Definitely not at Richarlison’s level and hasn’t been as good this season, I still think he’s a little suspect defensively.

I don’t expect many to agree with me. And all things Being equal I wouldn’t sell, was just thinking if money is tight this summer and If someone came in with a big offer.

No you Misunderstand, I meant Digne has bought into Everton. Richy is in his own bracket playing wise. At the moment too good for us.

No. We need consistency with our back line not 3 new players.

I really really hope they don't.... but my goodness is 55m way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back