Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't comment on any of the financial issues that you've raised, as I've no clue about what's going to happen there.

However, I can say that this Everton squad is filled with players that don't turn up away from home, and without the pressure of a concerned home crowd to push them on (eg the 0-0 derby in 2018-19), I don't believe that they will be motivated enough to drag themselves out of the kind of slump that they're extremely prone to. The senior pros are mostly just jobbers that have already had their chance and failed at a Champions League club, which puts an enormous amount of pressure on the younger, more enthusiastic lads to carry the load.

Re: Baningime, I was impressed with what little we saw of him a couple of years ago, but there has been no appetite to include him for a long time now. In my opinion, the academy isn't fit for purpose, but then I suppose that's a whole other topic on its own.

Thats a fair point. I take optimism from us being top 6 since Silva left. I think it's essentially a top 6 squad but home advantage is a big loss for Everton for sure.

It will be a pretty wild summer, not just for us but across the board, so probably need to wait to see what happens by August.

I do think we struggle for lack of good senior pro's in the team. I think back to the Smith/Moyes days and even though we didnt have much money we had some good senior guys. Ferguson, Campbell, Stubbs, Weir, Carsley, Watson etc all helped the club enormously. Aside from Coleman and Baines, I'm not sure we have many of them left.

Everton looking for loans etc. Transfer plans revised. smells like a leak from the club to ensure the players didn't think we were going out to spend 100M

It's all over the place really isn't it? I mean it's interesting that the players mentioned it, which would imply there is something behind the rumours. However it serves very little function for the club to be broadcasting that everyone. I'll wait and see what we do. I mean, if we can loan Sidibe instead of buying him, same with Zouma that's obviously much better with FFP.

It's all over the place really isn't it? I mean it's interesting that the players mentioned it, which would imply there is something behind the rumours. However it serves very little function for the club to be broadcasting that everyone. I'll wait and see what we do. I mean, if we can loan Sidibe instead of buying him, same with Zouma that's obviously much better with FFP.

which mate?

The wage deferral is presumably being done to improve how an accounting period looks, as no actual saving is being made and the players haven’t agreed to any wage reduction. The expense will still be met, but within the next accounting period?

Clubs like ourselves and others are also likely to delay transfer expenditure until after the beginning of their next accounting period if they can. Didn’t Moshiri recently change our accounting period? He did this through providing accounts for 13 months instead of 12?

Can anyone remember what date our accounting periods are therefore now due to begin and end? The date that we receive next season’s Sky cheque will also be of relevance.
Chelsea saying Stuff It...they are splashing out even with the uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back