Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the question with the step up from the Dutch league, but the guy has been pretty natural with the ball to this point and is supposed to be a decent player at winning it back too. At 22 and probably in the neighborhood of 20m this one has a lot of potential imo.
When signing a player from a lesser league such as the Dutch league I think you have to start with pace and physicality. If they don't have that they more often than not they will not prosper in the Premiership.
Davy Klaasen is a good player but lacked both real pace and had very little physicality . However, as soon as he went back to a less demanding league he did well again.
The premiership will be faster and more physical than most leagues. Players will struggle after they arrive but if they have the right attributes they can adapt if given time.

When signing a player from a lesser league such as the Dutch league I think you have to start with pace and physicality. If they don't have that they more often than not they will not prosper in the Premiership.
Davy Klaasen is a good player but lacked both real pace and had very little physicality . However, as soon as he went back to a less demanding league he did well again.
The premiership will be faster and more physical than most leagues. Players will struggle after they arrive but if they have the right attributes they can adapt if given time.
It doesn't mean you have to sign only big and fast players though. Just that when under pressure they have the technique to deal with it. Jorginho and David Silva are examples.

Technically he’s very good, composed on the ball, can take the ball under pressure. Great left foot.
Had a season at centre back, when he was younger. Has play in a midfield 2 and has played left in a 3.

I’m sure @Dutch Toffee will know a lot more than me, as I’ve only seen the odd game.
He’s AZ captain at 21 and would had his first Dutch cap, but for covid.
Sorry for my belated reaction. I'm by no means an expert on the Dutch league tbh. Don't really watch much Dutch footy apart from following my local team Fortuna Sittard all over the country. From what I've seen of Koopmeiners, there clearly is some potential there. Just not sure if he's ready to have an immediate impact on the Premiership.

I don't think Klaassen has exactly ripped it up in Germany either has he? I think he was just a very very average player that we massively overpaid for to be honest, he wasn't really suited to the PL but mainly he was just not very good.

This is the question with the step up from the Dutch league, but the guy has been pretty natural with the ball to this point and is supposed to be a decent player at winning it back too. At 22 and probably in the neighborhood of 20m this one has a lot of potential imo.
You may well be right but I suspect that Phil Jones or Tom hudlestone would look outstanding in the Dutch league

I don't think Klaassen has exactly ripped it up in Germany either has he? I think he was just a very very average player that we massively overpaid for to be honest, he wasn't really suited to the PL but mainly he was just not very good.
He suited Ajax's system very well , playing between the lines and making runs into the box.

He wasn't tracked because generally speaking the Dutch don't favour a disciplined midfielder

He suited Ajax's system very well , playing between the lines and making runs into the box.

He wasn't tracked because generally speaking the Dutch don't favour a disciplined midfielder
Yeah that would make sense. I'd seen very little of him in Holland but from the very first friendly he played for us he just looked really ordinary, there was nothing remotely exciting about him.

Sorry for my belated reaction. I'm by no means an expert on the Dutch league tbh. Don't really watch much Dutch footy apart from following my local team Fortuna Sittard all over the country. From what I've seen of Koopmeiners, there clearly is some potential there. Just not sure if he's ready to have an immediate impact on the Premiership.
I remember a cracking night out in Sittard watching Sparta get a point there and then driving to Dusseldorf.

Enjoyed , if that's the right word , a Chinese meal in a restuarant in the town square in Sittard.

Liked your new ground though. Bijou and compact but still a decent atmosphere.

Yeah that would make sense. I'd seen very little of him in Holland but from the very first friendly he played for us he just looked really ordinary, there was nothing remotely exciting about him.
I'd describe him as a hard working player , with suprisingly for a Dutchman, limited technique .
Although he is a midfielder he can't play in a 2.
He is a No10 but without the creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back