Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about silva, ancient now and has been playing several years in a dosser league, if it’s on a short deal as a back up so we can bin Keane it’ll be more palatable, then bring in a younger cb as a starter to go alongside holgate or yerry

2 year deal would make sense to me. He still looks to be performing to a very high standard currently. I mean this isn't Ashley Williams from Swansea, this is an elite centre half. If we got him at his prime (which I appreciate we are not) he would be the best centre back we've had at the club in decades).

Feels to me like a Moshiri signing ‘just get me a star name Carlo’. If he was 30 then yes, but 35 and completely unproven in the premier league. He’s been strolling round in Serie A and Ligue une his whole career surrounded by the best players in the best team facing relatively poor teams. He’s going to find himself between Pickford, Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman with Siggurdson and Tom Davies ‘protecting’ him and he’ll be up against the likes of Sterling Rashford Kane Aguero etc.

Silva might be good as a backup, /squad option that brings experience and leadership but he would cost a bomb for that. I would prefer we invested in a more long term option . Not convinced on the source of the story either.

We really need to address our lack of creativity and especially from a central area.

Not to sure what buying two midfielders who are defensive by nature is going to help.

It now adds pressure that whoever we get for RW is top class but we don’t have top class money.
In the system that Ancelotti will most likely play 442. I would say it’s more important that they can defend, are aggressive, can about the pitch. Obviously being technically good too. But they don’t need to get 10 goals and 10 assists.

The 4 attacking players will give you the creativity and hopefully the full backs to

We really need to address our lack of creativity and especially from a central area.

Not to sure what buying two midfielders who are defensive by nature is going to help.

It now adds pressure that whoever we get for RW is top class but we don’t have top class money.

...not so sure that creativity is a requirement. Reid/Bracewell and Harvey/Kendall contributed very little from that perspective. The Reds have run away with the league without creativity in central midfield.

if we play 4-4-2, the central midfielders can contain, protect the back four and give possession to the creators.

...not so sure that creativity is a requirement. Reid/Bracewell and Harvey/Kendall contributed very little from that perspective. The Reds have run away with the league without creativity in central midfield.

if we play 4-4-2, the central midfielders can contain, protect the back four and give possession to the creators.

fair enough but the two supplying the the two strikers aren’t producing numbers we need

Sangare for me would fit the bill - right age, good potential and pedigree and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Him/Allan and Rabiot would be a step in the right direction. This bloke from Southampton doesn't exactly fill me with dreams of breaking the top 6.

I also dont think we will be getting Silva - bloke sounds like he still wants regular game time and I doubt he'll get that here considering his age.

Sangare for me would fit the bill - right age, good potential and pedigree and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Him/Allan and Rabiot would be a step in the right direction. This bloke from Southampton doesn't exactly fill me with dreams of breaking the top 6.

I also dont think we will be getting Silva - bloke sounds like he still wants regular game time and I doubt he'll get that here considering his age.
Do you still reckon we're in for Gabriel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back